Company Description: General Dynamics Mission Systems offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering using an open systems approach, General Dynamics Mission Systems solves our customers’ most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
At GDMS, our employees work in collaborative teams with leading edge technology and the best in the industry to solve tough customer problems while keeping our nation safe. Individuals are empowered to do their best work in an environment that encourages and supports innovative, collaborative and creative thinking. The General Dynamics ethos of honesty, transparency, trust and is apparent in the way we work with our colleagues and our customers.
Learn more about life in the Berkshires by viewing this video.
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Product Development Lab Technician - Req 30179
To Commensurate With Experience
Up to One Year
• Associate’s degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• Due to the nature of work performed at our facilities, US citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Product Development Lab Technician. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation’s fundamental defense services. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Performs projects/tasks or assignments of moderately complex nature ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and or mechanical assemblies such as Modules, Boards, panels, drawers, frames and cables.
• Much of this position focuses on printed wiring board work
• Must be a multitasking individual, jobs and requirements change rapidly in the development of products.
• Interprets engineering drawings and diagrams
• Builds or integrates hardware for prototypes, sub-assemblies or systems.
• Maintains/revises manufacturing work instructions in electronic instruction and reporting systems
• Familiar with statistical process controls
• May conduct manufacturing inspections in accordance to quality specifications
• Seeks out opportunities for process improvements
• Troubleshoots manufacturing system and processes issues to root cause
• Repairs and/or modifies manufacturing systems under the direction of senior specialists and/or engineers
• May perform preventive maintenance functions on manufacturing equipment
• Implements and documents basic practical solutions for process improvement
• Normally receives little instruction on daily work and general instructions on new work assignments.
• Communicates with internal customers include manufacturing support manager, production personnel, coach, operations manager, engineering
• Normally works under the guidance of a more senior individual
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• General knowledge of computer software applications used in a manufacturing environment
• Prior certifications in IPC610 or IPC620 and also in J-Std soldering a plus.
• Ability to work under a Microscope for a large portion of the workday
• Demonstrates good manual dexterity.
• General problem solving skills
• General subject matter expertise for assigned area
• Mechanical and/or electrical aptitude
• Possesses effective verbal and written communication skills
• General computer skills