Company Description: Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center is a member of Berkshire Healthcare, a not-for-profit consumer centered organization committed to fulfilling the health and residential needs of the population in the communities we serve. We are a leader among not-for-profit, post-acute care organizations in Massachusetts.
Locally run and staffed by caring and attentive Berkshire County healthcare professionals, Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center is among just five nursing care centers in the United States to have been awarded the American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living National Gold-Excellence in Quality award for superior performance.
Consistent positive feedback by employees on satisfaction surveys conducted by an independent national firm has placed Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center in the top 1% in the nation and has earned us the Excellence in Action award for both customer and workforce satisfaction for each of the last five years.
Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center is certified by both Medicare and Medicaid and is accredited by the Joint Commission, a nationally recognized independent organization that sets standards of excellence for nursing homes and other healthcare facilities. In addition to achieving multiple deficiency-free state surveys, Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center has achieved the highest CMS rating for the last three years in a row.
Kimball Farms Nursing Care Center has an Exempt Charge/Desk nurse position available for 40 hours with on call rotation.
7:00a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN program.
Must have at least 2 years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care facility, or other related health care facility. Must have training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN or LPN/LVN in this state.
- Provide leadership, direction and supervision for all nursing personnel assigned to the nursing unit.
- Assist the Unit Manager in directing day-to-day nursing activities
- Participate in developing, maintaining, updating policies/procedures that govern functions of nursing department.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel comply with the procedures set forth in the Nursing Service Procedures Manual.
- Make written & oral reports/recommendations to the Director as necessary, concerning operation of the nursing department.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
- Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of quality assurance program for the nursing department.
- Participate in facility surveys made by government agencies as requested by the Administrator or DON.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents as required.
- Complete accident/incident reports as necessary.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Participate in the interviewing and hiring process for new staff and for internal transfers and promotions, providing recommendations on prospective employees and transfers within the facility.
- Make daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are working in accordance w/ nursing standards.
- Monitor absenteeism to ensure an adequate nursing personnel are on duty at all times.
- Ensure that established policies and procedures, including dress codes, are followed by all departmental personnel.
- Maintain a working rapport w/ inter-department personnel to ensure nursing services are adequate to meet residents' needs.
- Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positively, and a calm environment on the unit and shift.
- Meet with your staff regularly to assist in identifying/correcting problems and to assist in the improvement of services.
- Review and evaluate your department's work force and make recommendations to the Director.
- Visit residents on a daily basis in order to observe and evaluate each resident's physical and emotional status.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
BERKSHIRE HEALTHCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER