Company Description: Located in beautiful Stockbridge, Massachusetts, the Austen Riggs Center is an innovative psychiatric hospital/residential treatment program with a completely voluntary and open setting.
Psychiatric Nurse -RN or Mental Health Worker MHW
To Commensurate With Experience
Psychiatric Nurse - RN
Full time (32-40 hour) Day/Evening shift
Weekends and Holiday Rotation
The Austen Riggs Center, a private, non-profit psychiatric center providing intensive treatment in an open setting, is currently seeking a qualified RN. The Staff Nurse reports to the Charge Nurse and is responsible for the provision of a safe and growth promoting community environment. The focus is on the establishment of a therapeutic relationship that maximizes the dignity of individual patients through support of their healthy, adaptive functioning. The Staff Nurse provides medical care, according to physician’s orders, and directs and guides other personnel in the delivery of nursing care.
• Current Massachusetts RN license, CPR, CPI, BSN strongly preferred.
• Previous psychiatric nursing experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Attention to detail with a working knowledge of computers.
• Physical stamina to work evening, night and weekends. Ability to rotate shifts if necessary including occasional night shift.