Company Description: Big Y® is a family owned and family oriented retail food company serving people's at home food needs.
Our goal is to exceed our customers' evolving expectations by constantly seeking better ways to create and deliver World Class service and value.
A Big Y Application for Employment must be completed prior to receiving an interview.
To complete your application, visit bigy.com/careers.
Questions? Please contact the Employee Services Representative at your store location of interest:
In Great Barrington: (413) 528-1314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Lee: (413) 243-3201 or email@example.com
Assistant Night Crew Chief
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
The assistant night crew chief is responsible for assisting the night crew chief in the following functions:
- Receive, unload, verify, and store product.
- Price, rotate, stock, face, and level product.
- Order product as requested.
- Provide input on performance evaluations as requested.
- Maintain proper department conditions and supplies
- Operate, clean, and maintain equipment, machinery, tools, and work area.
- Adhere to and enforce all government employment and labor regulations,
workplace safety, food safety and sanitation regulations, Company
policies and procedures.
- Supervise, direct, set goals and delegate tasks using independent
- Collaborate with grocery manager to prepare for a night crew chief
- Train, Coach and recognize employees, and celebrate successes.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through his or her own example.
- Must project a clean and professional appearance.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and businesslike
- Operate within Company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Work a flexible overnight schedule in accordance with the needs of the
- Attention to detail, accuracy, ability to prioritize and follow-through.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize computer applications.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background
- Must consent to and pass a physical assessment at time of hire.
Complete your Application for Employment on-line at bigy.com/careers and contact the Employee Services Representative in our Great Barrington store at (413)528-1314.