Company Description: About BART Charter Public School
Berkshire Arts & Technology Charter Public School (“BART”) is a nationally recognized, award-winning, college-preparatory, public middle and high school located in Adams, Massachusetts. It is the only charter school in Berkshire County, Massachusetts and is consistently ranked among the top schools in Massachusetts for student academic growth.
Dedicated by mission to prepare its students for college and a lifetime of learning, BART is a community of 363 curious and creative students, devoted and innovative teachers and staff members, and families dedicated to the success of their children. The student body is richly diverse, each member with an important personal story. The School is built around a makerspace, and its academic program comprises an intense academic core curriculum enriched by ample elective courses in the arts and technology as well as opportunities for students to pursue independent creative and scholarly projects. Before they graduate, BART students must have passed courses on college campuses, taken BART-designed collegiate-skills courses each year, and participated in a rigorous program of mock interviews, portfolio presentations, and annual science fairs.
The success enjoyed by BART’s students and the School as a whole results from a school culture characterized by the pursuit of excellence and conviction that each student can succeed in college, regardless of background or previous school performance; belief that more time for learning, through BART’s longer school day and longer school year, will improve learning;
an emphasis on effort and reflection as keys to growth for students and professionals alike; and a strong, intimate community with supports in place for all members to reach, to take intellectual chances, and to achieve remarkable things.
BART Charter Public School is an equal opportunity employer. BART does not discriminate in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its services, programs or activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, homelessness or age.
For more information about BART and its programs, please visit www.bartcharter.org.
In-Building Substitute Teacher
We are seeking individuals who are passionate about educating all students to succeed in college and who want to contribute to a dynamic school environment that has a strong record of academic success.
This position is an in-building substitute to be available full-time for a variety of substitute teaching needs that will arise.
BART teachers must be skillful educators, and:
- Welcome the challenge of being a teacher in an organization committed to excellence;
- Believe that data-driven instruction is a powerful way to educate students;
- Recognize that objective assessments of student performance are important tools that must be used in concert with deep, analytical thinking assignments to assess student understanding;
- Excel in facilitating mixed-ability learning environments;
- Demonstrate depth of content knowledge and pedagogical skills in their field;
- Model themselves as continuous learners to students, parents, peers and supervisors;
- Collaborate effectively with others on curriculum, instruction and assessment;
- Believe in creating a consistent environment throughout the school for discipline, classroom management and classroom routines.
- Commitment to the success of all children.
- BA required
- A team player with a growth mindset and a sense of humor.
Please email a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Executive Director, Dr. James White, specifying for which position you are applying. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.