Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based at The Red Lion Inn, Stockbridge, Mass. Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Elm Street Market in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, and The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
Hotel & Restaurant
Perform duties in cleaning and servicing the guest rooms of the hotel according to the Red Lion Inn standards
Occasionally clean public areas as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize cleaning cart or station to be cleaned
- Get assignment sheet, key and radio.
- Make the bed, make sofa bed or cot
- Verify that all guest rooms lights, TVs, clocks are in proper working condition.
- Dust furniture
- Clean bathroom (scrub bath tub, toilet, walls in the bathroom)
- Replenish amenities and towels, change sheets every two days
- Clean closet, put robes in the room
- Clean public areas: hallways, stairs, porches, meeting rooms, pool house, fitness room.
- Vacuum carpet
- Mop the wood floor
- Inform maintenance of any issues
- Return any lost and found to the Housekeeping Office.
- Periodically perform deep cleaning of guest rooms.
- Comply with all property safety guidelines.
- Report all damaged hotel property and smoking-policy violations to Supervisor.
- Return assigned key to the Housekeeping Supervisor or Executive Housekeeper at the end of the day
- Answer radio
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Be flexible as to scheduling, must work weekends, holidays and evenings
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Attend departmental meetings and training sessions.
Experience: Previous housekeeping/customer service experience preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Skills: Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity. Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
Physical: Ability to pick up 30 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
-Must have mobility, stamina, ability to remain standing for long periods, reach in any direction, kneel and stoop repeatedly, ability to maintain fast pace.