Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
Hotel & Restaurant
Some High School Coursework
Bartenders will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks and food to our guests. The purpose of this position is to interact with our guest and ensure that they have a wonderful experience. Bartenders will maintain positive guest and staff interactions while accurately measuring and/or mixing beverages, accurately taking orders placed and serving beverages and food.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages
• Interact with customers, take orders and serve food and drinks
• Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
• Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
• Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
• Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
• Comply with all food and beverage regulations
• Correctly present menus, wine list and additions to our guests and make suggestions when appropriate.
• Answer all questions posed about beverages and food.
• Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus, additions and promotions.
• Use upselling and suggestive selling techniques to increase sales and broaden our guests’ experience.
• Accurately take food and beverage orders.
• Accurately and correctly input items ordered into MICROS, coursing items and applying modifiers where appropriate.
• Promptly prepare bills for items ordered, collect and process payments, generate closing reports and balance daily transactions.
• Handle a house bank and follow all cash handling procedures of The Williams Inn.
• Arrange bottles, glasses and bar items in an attractive manner which meets our standard.
• Maintain bar inventory.
• Stock and maintain stock of bar supplies.
• Keep bar and all work areas clean and organized to company standard.
• Apply health regulations relating to cleanliness.
• Apply safety regulations.
• Comply with equipment usage guidelines.
• Proven working experience as a bartender
• Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
• Understanding of wine, spirits, beer production.
• Advanced knowledge of liquor brands and styles
• Experience with Point of sale systems
• Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
• Ability to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
• TIPS certified
• Able to lift 45 pounds
• Great listening and speaking skills.
• Passion for hospitality and guest service.
• A good memory and ability to adapt to changing situations.
• Being a team player is essential!