Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
Hotel & Restaurant
Some High School Coursework
Perform various tasks like general, preventative and emergency maintenance to ensure the Inn’s maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained both inside and out. Responsible for maintaining the appearance and functionality of the historic property while providing the best guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform general, preventive and emergency maintenance.
• Must perform tasks like minor plumbing, electrical repairs, wall and ceiling repairs, painting, caulking, wallpaper replacement/repair and minor wood working.
• General maintenance of heating and cooling systems (HVAC)
• Minor repairs to laundry equipment.
• Test emergency lights and equipment for inspections.
• Maintain the building exterior and “curb appeal” (e.g. cleaning porches, furniture and parking lots, landscaping, trash removal, snow removal, splitting and stacking firewood, holiday decorating, etc.)
• General servicing of the Inn’s pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters and record logs.
• Respond in a timely courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
• Replace/repair broken window shades, door locks.
• Prioritize work orders to complete tasks efficiently.
• Troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
• Ability to maintain regular and timely attendance as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the Inn and may include weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Exposure to extreme temperatures
Prior experience is preferred
High School or Equivalent
Testing and cleaning of pool/hot tub
Good skill in the use of hand and power tools
Light plumbing – (sweat pipe, glue pipe, change fill valve, change shower cartridge, etc.)
Light carpentry – cut boards, replace stair tread, etc.
Light electrical – find and reset breakers, change light fixtures, etc.
Pleasant disposition and ability to function efficiently. Solid interpersonal skills and positive attitude. Hardworking, honest, reliable and willingness to provide support at all times
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Climbing, kneel, sit, stand, bend, squat, walk, push and pull