Main Street Hospitality Group
30 Main St
Company Description: Main Street Hospitality is a hotel management company based in Stockbridge, Massachusetts (at The Red Lion Inn). Our group offers expertise in all aspects of hospitality as well as hotel development and turnaround experience. As owners and operators, we have a long history of excellence in preservation, innovation and operations. We deliver great experiences for our guests, employees and owners through an authentic approach to hospitality, service and management. We currently manage The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge, Hotel on North in Pittsfield, The Porches Inn at MASS MoCA in North Adams, Briarcliff Motel on Great Barrington, Seeds Market Cafe at Hancock Shaker Village in Pittsfield, cultural cafés throughout the county and off-site catered functions.
Additional Business Name: Red Lion Inn
Director of Sales
To Commensurate With Experience
Some High School Coursework
The Director of Sales directs, coordinates and supervises all Red Lion Inn Sales Office personnel in all sales-related activities, including direct sales efforts, follow-up, and proper sales administration. The Director of Sales is responsible for growing existing accounts and generating new business for both the Rooms Department and the Food and Beverage Department in order to maximize revenue and profits for The Red Lion Inn and other entities as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct all activities of the Red Lion Inn Sales Department.
• Develop a full understanding of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Front Desk and Reservations.
• Develop a full understanding of company sales policies.
• Implement and lead team sales efforts for group, non-group transient, and corporate bookings to maximize profits.
• Operate within established budget.
• Responsible for assigned sales segments and achieving set revenue goals
• Support all sales initiatives to include Cross Selling among all MSH properties
• Provide sales reports as required and participate in monthly Sales Revenue Meetings
• Actively participate in the Sales Program of The Red Lion Inn
• Manage all business involving banquet and rooms revenue generated by Sales team.
• Assist with monitoring and auditing incentive compensation worksheets according to annual bonus plan.
• Attend meetings as needed.
• Attend off-premise sales events, trade shows, social and civic events as necessary.
• Perform annual staff performance and merit reviews as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
Specialized Experience and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 3 years’ experience within the hotel industry in Sales Management
• Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
• Experience with hotel operation systems
• Self-starter able to work creatively and independently
• Can work independently and lead a team
• Dynamic, out-going and hospitable
• Proactive and result driven.
• Team player and a hands-on approach to the daily needs of the hotel
• Accountable, self-motivated, focused and organized
• Lift, push, pull up to 40 pounds as needed