Company Description: Launched in 2008, Starr Catering Group provides artisan dining experiences within cultural centers, corporate offices, and private events across the East Coast. With an expert, restaurant-trained culinary team partnered with vast operational experience, Starr Catering Group’s commitment to excellence and dedication to perfected details enabled rapid growth for the company, which is now the exclusive caterer at seventeen locations in five cities, including internationally renowned cultural institutions.
STARR Events, SCG’s boutique catering and special events service, offers an innovative restaurant-driven approach delivering inventive cuisine, artful presentation and unparalleled service. Every event and menu is customized to ensure an individualized and memorable experience that fulfills each client’s vision, whether it be a sophisticated social gathering, note-worthy corporate event or distinctive non-profit fundraising gala.
To Commensurate With Experience
Hotel & Restaurant
The Sous Chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen under the supervision of the Executive Chef. She/he will help oversee receiving, storing and stocking of all items used in the culinary department. The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef in both culinary and administrative tasks while effectively communicating with all staff members on the F&B team.
• ensure all staff members adhere to culinary standards and regulations
• cross train kitchen staff on multiple stations
• practice inventory controls and audits to ensure proper usage
• ensure a positive work environment
• ensure the best quality food items leave the kitchen in a timely and efficient manner
• works diligently to follow all health codes and safety protocols and ensure all staff members are trained in these areas
• menu development, planning and pricing
• assists with managing dish washing crew
• full knowledge of all cooking techniques
• possess a strong work ethic and the drive to consistently improve
• able to stand for 12 hour shifts
• able to lift up to 50 lbs