Company Description: The mission of Downtown Pittsfield, Inc. is to foster the on-going growth and vitality of downtown Pittsfield, Massachusetts through vision, leadership and advocacy and to position downtown as the creative and business hub of the Berkshires for the benefit of all.
Since 1983, Downtown Pittsfield, Inc. (DPI) has been the recognized leader, facilitator and principal advocate for downtown. DPI has developed strategies and programs, mobilizing resources resulting in a creative, lively, sustainable environment.
DPI is a membership organization consisting of property owners, businesses, residents, cultural & entertainment venues, restaurants and non-profit organizations joining forces to increase economic activity by promoting downtown as a great place to live, work, and play. DPI works in partnership with the various city departments that has led to major streetscape projects, parking improvements and marketing initiatives.
DOWNTOWN PITTSFIELD AMBASSADOR
$11.00 Per Hour
Nice to have
Friendly, positive, reliable - Preference:
DOWNTOWN PITTSFIELD AMBASSADOR
Posted: May 7, 2018
Employment Type: Part-Time Seasonal Non-Exempt
Shift: Tuesday – Saturday, 4:00 – 8:00 pm OR Monday – Friday, 11:00 AM – 3:00 pm
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Cheryl Mirer, Executive Director, Downtown Pittsfield, Inc.
Location: Throughout Downtown Pittsfield, MA 01201 (the 2-mile loop)
The goal of the Downtown Pittsfield Ambassador is to create a welcoming downtown environment for all residents, employees, and visitors to downtown Pittsfield by delivering on our mission to maintain a clean, safe, and friendly district. Ambassadors are expected to patrol the designated areas during a scheduled time frame with a hospitality focus, providing a friendly source of directions, information, and assistance for residents, visitors, business owners, and the general public. Ambassadors will also act as eyes and ears for public safety*, social service partners, and public works by educating, assisting, and reporting on various needs and problems.
* Under no circumstance should a Downtown Pittsfield Ambassador respond to an emergency in a law enforcement capacity nor engage in any emergency medical treatment.
• Punctuality and reliability
• Walk with a smile
• Work effectively with the other Downtown Ambassadors, police department, DPI, and members of the public, and respond to inquiries and complaints in a positive and professional manner
• Take engaging photographs to be shared to social media platforms
• Able to prioritize and respond to situations and emergencies in a positive and professional manner
• Capable of working outside, sometimes in inclement weather
• Able to move freely through the downtown area, interacting with residents, visitors, business owners, and the general public
• Ability to use a digital camera
• Capable of carrying at least 25 pounds
• Able to work through August 31, 2018
• 18 years of age or older
• Please note: candidates must pass a background check.