Lee Public Schools
300A Greylock Street
Speech & Language Pathologist (SLP)
Re: Full-time (1.0 FTE) Temporary Vacancy – April to June 2018 (Maternity Leave)
Lee Public Schools has the following position available:
Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP)
Under the direction of a speech language pathologist, this position will assist students to achieve defined individual educational objectives during therapy and/or classroom activities. Depending upon individual school needs, the position may perform any or all of the following duties.
• Assists in planning and implementing day-to-day speech/language therapy activities for students, sets up equipment for student assignments individually or in small groups, serves an as appropriate speech and language model.
• Assists in screening students for potential communication remediation needs.
• Assists speech language pathologist in planning and adapting appropriate materials and intervention activities.
• Evaluates and reports on students’ day-to-day progress; gathers information from students, parents, and staff; maintains continuous communication with speech language pathologist regarding student progress and program effectiveness.
• Participates in parent conferences as required; attends departmental, building, and IEP meetings; assists speech language pathologist with IEP process within parameters allowed by law.
• Provides speech/language activities for students at single or multiple sites, as assigned; travels between schools for therapy sessions; plans travel times; informs building staff of therapy schedule.
• Prepares and maintains speech/language therapy files; completes and files required forms.
• Current Massachusetts Licensure required.
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Dr. Jake Eberwein, Superintendent
Lee Public Schools, 300 Greylock Street, Lee, MA 01238
(application can be downloaded at http://www.leepublicschools.net/district/Employment/Employment.html )
The Lee Public Schools comply with all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices.
The Lee Public Schools does not discriminate based upon race, color, national origin, sex, handicap, gender identity, religion and/or sexual orientation.