Company Description: At Neenah Paper, our vision is to create value by improving the image and performance of everything we touch and it is our employees who drive this value.
Our Technical Products business is a leading producer of filtration media and other durable, saturated, and coated substrates for a variety of end markets. The business is focused on performance-oriented markets where we can have a competitive advantage, including, among others, filtration media for transportation, water and other uses, backings for abrasives and tapes, and other specialty products including labels, medical packaging, nonwoven wall coverings and customer-specific durable print and industrial applications. We sell direct to our customers, many of whom are leading global blue chip companies located in more than 80 countries.
Our Fine Paper and Packaging business is an innovative leader in the creation and manufacturing of graphic imaging with unique colors, textures and finishes for identity, print collateral, invitations, advertising, and other high-end commercial printing applications; premium packaging where our image-enhancing colors and textures can be applied to packaging and label needs for high-end products; consumer specialty branded papers sold to retail customers for school supplies, posters, crafting, advertising and promotions. Our products include some of the most recognized and preferred fine paper brands in North America such as CLASSIC®, ASTROBRIGHTS®, ENVIRONMENT®, CRANE® Papers, and ROYAL SUNDANCE™ Papers. We sell our products primarily to authorized paper distributors, converters, and specialty businesses as well as major retail customers such as Staples, Office Depot, Office Max and Walmart.
Manufacturing Utility Helper
High School or Equivalent
Full Time, Rotating Shifts
The Mill Labor Utility is responsible for performing all tasks associated with supporting manufacturing operations on the paper machine and in finishing/converting. Responsibilities include transporting and staging rolls, threading of machines and general housekeeping. The Mill Labor Utility provides general support for and takes direction from the Machine Tender and/or Paper Machine Rewinder Operator or the Calender Operator for the responsible and safe operation of the paper machine or calenders.
• Conduct self and job tasks in a safe manner following proper work procedures
• Perform and document PT/FT inspections
• Monitor and stock operating supplies as needed or directed; cores, pallets, wrap, etc.
• Move rolls from Machine, Calender and Rewinder areas
• Collect scrap and waste from process to bale
• General housekeeping
• Assist the Rewinder crew in preparing production materials
• Keep work area and machinery clean, neat, organized and free of any safety hazards
• Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work as part of a team and support co-workers
• Ability to safely operate a clamp or fork truck
• Ability to work calmly under pressure
• Mechanical aptitude
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Basic mathematical skills
• Ability to learn to use computers
• Be able to perform all physical requirements of the job and work in a safe manner
• Ability to understand and follow operating/job procedures
• Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to fully understand the quality requirements of technical material products and his/her role in ensuring quality