Company Description: Careers that bring a timeless craft to life.
Crane Stationery is a management and employee owned company with more than 250 employees, most of whom are located at the manufacturing facility in North Adams. We are looking for talented, driven and passionate people to contribute to our next century of excellence.
High School or Equivalent
Letterpress Press Operator
Crane Stationery is a management and employee owned company with more than 250 employees, most of whom are located at the manufacturing facility in North Adams. We also have offices in New York City and Portland, Maine. We are looking for talented, driven and passionate people to contribute to our next century of success.
In this role, you will operate the letterpress printing machine to effectively create wedding invitations, cards, announcements, letterhead and related items. In fulfilling these requests, operators may change many variables in the printing press set-up, such as dimension and color. In addition, operators will also need to perform repairs and routine maintenance on the machines as required. This is a 1st shift position 6am -2:30pm, Monday – Friday, with overtime required, as needed, reporting to the Thermography Supervisor. The training period for this position is up to 6 months.
• Support all requirements for daily production of letterpress orders
• Produce output that meets quality standards for color, position, clarity of image, and satisfies special instructions per work order
• Conduct preventative maintenance of press, as needed.
• Conduct all necessary press start-up steps for daily operation
• Use appropriate techniques and adjustments to ensure that position remains consistent throughout the run
• Conduct daily maintenance of press-related materials
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment; sustain 5s standards for work area
• Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers
• Maintain a safe and clean work area conducive to creating a pleasant and efficient working environment
• Adhere to Company safety policies and procedures, assuring good judgment and care are exercised for the prevention of accidents and personal injury
• Function well as a team member and willingly lend assistance as needed in support of other members of the department
• All other duties and overtime as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Basic math skills including counting large quantities and ability to read a ruler
• Maintains a sense of urgency with attention to detail for quality and accuracy of work
• Ability to communicate in English including read, write, keep neat and accurate records and follow written and verbal instructions
• Experience operating, adjusting, or manipulating mechanical machinery or other similar equipment
• Ability to learn and complete a basic line-up.
• Positive attitude and self-motivated
• Willingness to work overtime as required
• Ability to safely work at a quick production pace
• Ability to work assigned shift and demonstrate reliability in attendance and punctuality
General production environment. Position requires periods of repetitive movement and the ability to twist, bend, reach, fingering, sit, and walk for extended periods. The letterpress press operator will be required to lift/ carry up to 10 lbs.