Company Description: For over two centuries, Crane Stationery has been handcrafting exceptional fine stationery that makes memorable connections matter. Recently acquired by Mohawk Fine Papers, Crane is embarking on an exciting mission to shape a new strategic vision that will bring the “original” social media to new generations for the next 200 years. We will be developing new sources of growth through innovative products, exciting partnerships, and new distribution channels both online and offline, while celebrating the extraordinary heritage, quality, and prestige of being an original American Maker since 1801. Crane includes Crane & Co, William Arthur, and Vera Wang Papers within its portfolio of brands.
High School or Equivalent
Job Posting - Janitor
The Janitor is responsible for aiding in the overall cleanliness and upkeep and safety of two buildings. This is a first shift 6:00am -2:30pm position with occasional shift changes or overtime required as needed. The training period for the Janitor is up to three weeks.
• Daily cleaning rotation including bathrooms, offices, common areas, conference rooms and areas in manufacturing and production.
• Cleaning duties to include cleaning and disinfecting all the bathrooms, emptying trash sweep/vacuum, dust offices, common areas, conference rooms, entrances, manufacturing and other production areas and refill and re-supply water coolers
• Periodic cleaning to include waxing and buffing general production and office floors, cleaning windows, power-cleaning carpets in offices and conference rooms
• Minor building repairs such as toilet repairs, unclogging drains
• Check and maintain all eyewash and shower stations
• Maintain records of inventory and reorder supplies when necessary
• Schedule removal of trash, recyclable materials pick-up, and spring water distribution.
• Shovel, sand, snowplow, and maintain steps and walkways in the winter.
• Take care of the upkeep of the US flag
• Assist in set up and/ or cleanup of meetings and employee events.
• Participate in Employee Engagement initiatives.
• Adhere to Company safety policies and procedures, use good judgment and exercise care for the prevention of accidents and personal injury. This includes maintaining a safe and clean work and follow Bloodborne Pathogens protocol to clean and disinfect following a workplace illness or injury
• Work overtime hours as needed by the company.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read, interpret and speak the English language
• Basic mathematical skills (counting, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals).
• Attention to detail
• Mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal direction
• Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal job procedures
• Ability to work assigned shift, overtime when required and have reliable attendance and punctuality
• Ability to work as part of a team
· Physical requirements include constant (up to 100% of the time) standing and walking with occasional (up to 33% of the time) lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; up to 35lbs. Some climbing and balancing; some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
Crane Stationery offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including day one health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and more. Our company is committed to the spirit and letter of the Americans with Disabilities Act. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time