The college seeks applications for 2 full-time (40 hours/week), year-round Mechanical Trades Technicians. This position will perform assigned duties for the repair, maintenance, diagnosis and installation of campus plumbing, water treatment, fire sprinkler, backflow, dig safe, gas distribution and HVAC systems including, but not limited to, boilers, compressors and all trade related equipment.
The Mechanical Trades Technician will support the mission of the college to provide a nurturing educational environment. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
The initial schedule is Monday through Friday from 7:00 am-3:30 pm. Schedules are subject to change based on the needs of the department, which include some required on-call assignments along with occasional overtime as required.
Perform maintenance and repair tasks as assigned by the Mechanical Trades Foreman or Lead. The decision-making responsibilities of this position are wide and can have some very critical outcomes. At non-critical junctures, the person in this position is encouraged to be an independent thinker and make decisions. It is also incumbent on this person to reach out to their team and supervisors for any critical decisions. Safe handling of some trade related chemicals, working off of lifts, scaffolding, ladders, or on roofs is imperative. Working conditions can range from working inside or outside, including during inclement weather.
• Minimum of three years' experience in general mechanical maintenance is required, or the combination of education and experience;
• Background in HVAC, plumbing, energy controls along with Massachusetts licensing in one or more Mechanical Trade related areas;
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment interacting with faculty, fellow staff members and students;
• Must be able to work without immediate supervision;
• Experience working with a computerized maintenance management system is preferred
• Experience working with JCI and or ALC BMS systems is preferred;
• Ability to lift heavy objects up to 100 pounds with assistance;
• Ability to work on ladders;
• And a valid driver's license is required
The review of resumes will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. S09
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.