Williams College is pleased to announce an opening for Head Coach of the Williams College Cycling Club. The Williams College Cycling Club is a club sport, affiliated with Williams College. The Head Coach will provide support to student team captains by assisting with the planning, training, and racing details for the team in preparation for competitions. Supporting novice and experienced cyclist alike, the head coach will help develop and build team member skills as well as confidence in riders who are newer to the sport.
This is a paid part-time position spanning three seasons: a 6-8 week season in the fall (early September to late October), a 16 week season in the winter (early November to late February), and a 6-8 week season in the spring (early April to early May).
We especially welcome applications from members of groups traditionally underrepresented in the field. Applicants are encouraged to state in their cover letter what particular skills, strengths, and experiences they will bring to the position and the college, and to reflect on their experience with and commitment to supporting diverse, inclusive, and equitable communities.
Some of the specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Attending practices 3 to 4 times per week with students during the Fall Semester. Practices are scheduled from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and are comprised of 2-hour rides with the team.
• Meeting and check-in's with the team 1 to 2 times per week during the Winter Indoor Season.
• Attendance at team competitions, trips, and road races on weekends during the Spring Semester.
• Assistance and guidance with bike fitting, maintenance, and repairs in conjunction with the local bikes shop provider.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will be highly organized, energetic, friendly, collaborative, independent & self-driven, flexible, with strong attention to detail, a positive collaborative spirit to working with the team, and a passion for the sport.
The successful candidate will possess
• Bachelor's degree or a minimum of 1-2 years related experience;
• Coaching and/or playing experience (experience at collegiate level desirable);
• Experience advising student led clubs and organizations (experience at collegiate level desirable);
• A strong foundational knowledge of the sport of cycling;
• An excitement to bike and engage with college students;
• Strong leadership and organizational skills;
• The ability to work evenings and weekends as the schedule dictates;
Review of resumes will continue until the position is filled.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshires of northwestern Massachusetts with access to Albany, Burlington (VT), Boston, New York City, and Montreal. Distinguished by a reputation for outstanding, inclusive teaching and scholarship, academic excellence, and exceptional alumni loyalty, the college is committed to building and supporting a diverse learning community of approximately 2,100 undergraduates.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.