Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
To Commensurate With Experience
Full / Part Time
Some College Coursework Completed
Summary: The Financial Assistant is responsible for day-to-day accounting and office activities in conjunction with other members of the Finance team. The Financial Assistant supports the mission, values, and vision of CHP and follows all compliance protocols.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Retrieves and processes mail daily from CHP post office box and main campus postal box and distributes mail to the appropriate Stockbridge Road campus locations or other practice locations as required;
• Collects outgoing mail daily from the Stockbridge Road campus and delivers to post office;
• Prepares deposit slips for cash and checks received weekly from the various practice locations and then delivers prepared deposits to Accounts Receivable Specialist for verification;
• Delivers on a daily basis bank deposits to local bank branch for deposit into operating account;
• Prepares deposit cover sheets and attaches backup documentation for all cash/check/credit card deposits received from the various practice locations;
• Collects completed and signed purchase orders and processes all approved requests for office and maintenance supplies with an approved vendor as appropriate;
• Collects completed and signed purchase orders and processes all approved requests for printed materials through an approved printing vendor as appropriate;
• Approves transfers of funds from clearing account to operating account as needed;
• Assists as necessary with semi-annual physical inventories at each site;
• Participates in department meetings on a regular basis;
• Performs other related duties or tasks as requested by Supervisor;
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Consistently at work and on time;
• Strong ability to multi-task and manage projects;
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
• Responds to requests for service and assistance;
• Takes initiative, follows through, and manages different tasks with quick turn-around time;
• Works well under pressure and with minimal supervision;
• Highest degree of professionalism and ethics;
• Handles issues with tact and diplomacy;
• Reacts well under pressure and accepts responsibility for own actions;
• Upholds organizational values
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Position requires a level of specialized knowledge normally acquired through or a combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets financial reports and legal documents; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from vendors, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems, and deal with a variety situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.