Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Licensed Practical Nurse-Gt Barrington (Family Medicine) and Pittsfield (Pediatrics)
To Commensurate With Experience
Pittsfield, Great Barrington
High School or Equivalent
We have an openings in our CHP Gt. Barrington Office (40 hrs) and our Pediatric Office in Pittsfield, MA (16 hrs)
The CHP Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) triages patients by telephone or directly with CHP walk-in patients to determine the urgency and level of care needed. S/he is responsible for assisting in patient care under the guidance of the attending CHP physician. The LPN contributes to a work environment that is innovative, caring and collaborative and supports the mission and vision of CHP care and compliance protocols.
As determined by Federally Qualified Health Care and Massachusetts License requirements and under the supervision by CHP attending physicians, the LPN performs these duties and others as assigned an allowed under their license:
Nursing support as directed:
o Triage patients by telephone or directly with walk-ins to determine the urgency and level of care needed, approving same day visits when appropriate.
o Manage all requests for prescription medication at the CHP site.
o Processes all laboratory results, pulling charts, reviewing and holding partials. Flagging abnormal for the Provider to review and filing normal. Contacting patients with lab results as directed.
o Administers immunizations including allergy shots.
o Assists physician in any nursing level procedure.
o Suture removals
o Dressing changes
o Ear lavages
o Lice checks
o Throat swabs
o Charting all procedures performed.
Administrative support as ordered by the provider or clinical manager:
o Assist with referrals to area specialist.
o Assist with running daily controls on lab equipment etc.
o Assist in charting quality assurance for HCG, strep, sickle cell, urinalysis dip stick as requested by providers.
o Assist with recording temperature of refrigerator for vaccine storage.
o Perform other or routine office duties as requested.
o Insures that billing codes are correct on procedures.
o PT-1 forms
o Patient Education – as directed by physician
o Instructing and assisting Medical Assistants as needed
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Must have medical competencies checked each year by CHP’s Supervising RN or other supervising medical provider as defined by CHP protocols.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities responding appropriately to patient needs and solicits feedback to improve service;
• Supports organization's goals and values.
• Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional site coverage.
• Professional manner; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, managing difficult or emotional patient situations in a way that instills trust and respect.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
• Graduate of an accredited School of Practical Nursing
• Licensed as a Practical Nurse in Massachusetts.
• CPR certified
• Minimum of three years experience in an ambulatory setting is preferred.
• Pediatric office may require weekend work.
Non Essential but preferred skills
• Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills