Company Description: Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Receptionist- Per Diem
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
Our health center believes that first impressions are lasting impressions; therefore, we are looking for candidates who can provide patients with a positive experience and excellent customer service when they come in to register for health care services. Our patients may be ill or injured when they arrive at our facility and if you are a compassionate and caring person, we believe, you will be more empathetic to their situation. You must be able to maintain a positive, calm and professional presence when patients come in either stressed or ill. When patients have questions not related to being registered for health services, you must possess the ability to provide internal customer service and work successfully and collegially with other departments. As a team member at our health center, you will work with patients and staff who are racially, ethnically diverse, so being culturally competent is required. The Medical Receptionist welcomes patients to Community Health Programs Health Center and checks all pre-exam requirements including patient information. They collect co-payment and notifies clinic that patients have arrived for their appointments. They are responsible for the providers’ schedules and insure that patients and providers are notified accordingly.
• Professional manner; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
• Ability to travel to all sites in South Berkshire County
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; strong work ethic. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a busy office setting
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations.
• Responds promptly to customer needs.
• Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
• Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Meets commitments and is punctual.
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
• Supports organization's goals and values.
• Flexible: Willing to step in when needed and crossed trained for additional administration/medical records and central reception coverage.
• Maintains confidentiality.
• Professional, welcoming, and pleasant personality.
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Prior experience is a plus.
Spanish speaking, bilingual candidate strongly preferred