Company Description: MountainOne is a mutual holding company headquartered in North Adams, MA. Banking, Insurance, and Investment products are offered at full service offices in the Berkshires (Pittsfield, North Adams, Williamstown), Boston South (Quincy, Rockland, Scituate), and Boston North (Danvers). MountainOne is dedicated to the local communities we serve, with a mission of delivering solutions of real value that help individuals, businesses, and community institutions manage their financial lives with clarity and confidence.
Founded in 1848, MountainOne Bank provides a complete array of personal and business banking and electronic services.
MountainOne Insurance provides personal and business insurance, bonding services and group benefits solutions.
MountainOne Investments provides individual investment services and group financial benefit plans (financial professionals offering securities and advisory services through Commonwealth Financial Network®, Member FINRA/SIPC, a Registered Investment Advisor).
Professional Development is one of MountainOne’s core commitments. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for career growth, and access to meaningful benefits. If you’d like to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, we encourage you to apply.
Additional Business Name: MountainOne Insurance
Personal Lines Account Manager
High School or Equivalent
This position will be based in one of three Berkshire County locations: Pittsfield, Williamstown or North Adams. The Personal Lines Account Manager will be managing a book of business and working closely with the personal lines sales team to onboard new clients. The Account Manager works with supervisor and staff to achieve departmental goals, to serve clients efficiently and professionally, and to maintain the knowledge necessary to carry out responsibilities
1. Discuss insurance needs and lines of coverage with clients via phone, e-mail, written communication, and in person.
2. Document all communications and interactions with clients, carriers and others in the computer system
3. Address insured’s questions and concerns regarding policies, coverage, and premium payments promptly via phone, e-mail, written communication, and in person.
4. Update and maintain accurate client data such as address, phone numbers, email addresses and other contact information
5. Actively conduct account reviews.
6. Round and upsell client account coverage.
7. Communicate with company personnel regarding coverage availability via phone, e–mail, and written communication.
8. Initiate appropriate policy and endorsement issuance via in-house computer and Internet, as well as any other supplemental forms, reports, etc.
9. Work with staff, supervisors, and management to institute and implement departmental policies and procedures.
10. Maintain compliance with all related company policies, standardized procedures and regulations.
11. Continuing education to keep abreast of company, agency, and computer updates.
12. Any other duties as assigned.
1. Handle insured’s premium payments, via in-house or Internet payment methods
2. Perform same work-related responsibilities to other company locations, as required.
1. High School Diploma.
2. Obtain and maintain MA Property & Casualty Insurance Broker’s License and any other license as required by residence state.
3. Understanding of insurance work methods and procedures.
4. Ability to verbally effectively present information to clients, company and agency staff.
5. Ability to be self-motivated, provide problem-solving capabilities and prioritize multiple tasks.
6. Commitment to the company’s culture and established service standards.
7. Ability to deal with and show discretion in confidential matters.
8. 25% availability to travel outside of 25-mile radius and report to any office.
9. Ability to sit, drive, bend, answer the phone, and perform computer input.