Company Description: Elder Law & Estate Planning Law Firm
Care Coordinator / Social Worker for Law Firm
$27-$30 Per Hour
Full / Part Time
Almgren Law is Berkshire County’s only law firm specializing in elder law, estate planning, long-term care planning, Medicaid eligibility, community-based care, veteran’s benefits and life care planning. We are one of the few elder law firms in the country with a Care Coordinator and a Public Benefits Coordinator on staff. We are experts at understanding eligibility rules, which translates into protecting and enhancing our clients and their loved one’s dignity and quality of life.
Caring for a loved one can be overwhelming. We support our clients through this stressful period of their lives. There are so many decisions with respect to services and how to pay for them. Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran’s Benefits, wills, trusts and protecting assets. The paper work alone is daunting. We can expertly support our clients through this process. Our clients don’t have to do it alone.
Our growing estate planning and elder law firm is seeking a Registered Nurse or Social Worker with geriatric care management experience and knowledge of community resources, although we will train the right candidate. This professional will coordinate care, serve as an advocate, and educate the elderly clients and their families about the health care system and help manage their health care needs. Visit www.almgrenlaw.com.
What We Can Offer You:
• Beautiful office space in the heart of historic Lenox
• Competitive benefits, including paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick days
• In-office yoga class (company-paid, but also you get paid for that time!)
• An IRA with a 3% match
• Company-paid laptop and flexibility to work from home
• Professional development opportunities (company paid)
• A collaborative work environment where your voice is heard
Top candidates will meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years nursing and/or social work experience
• Knowledge of the long-term care system and services/resources in the community
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, with strong work ethic
• Ability to interact effectively with clients, families, and other health care professionals
• Demonstrated ability to lead change and effectively manage conflict and crisis situations
• Represents the law firm to facilities and healthcare community by regular contact and referrals
• A proactive, team-oriented, flexible and collaborative work style
• Good listening skills as well as the ability to listen to feedback and respond appropriately
• Maintain current professional licensure
• Excellent planning and organizational skills; able to juggle multiple priorities
• Valid MA driver’s license and proof of insurance required, ability to travel throughout Berkshire County
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products and computer skills
This position requires 25 to 30 hours per week. Pay is commensurate with experience, $27-$30 per hour.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specific to this advertised position along with a current resume, both in PDF format to: email@example.com. No other formats will be accepted. Because of the volume of expected responses, only candidates of interest will be contacted.