Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
Associate Toddler Teacher
$11.00-$13.00 Per Hour
TITLE: ASSOCIATE TODDLER TEACHER
Monument Square Early Childhood Center, North Adams
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Toddler Teacher will work as part of a teaching team to plan and implement an exciting and nurturing developmentally appropriate curriculum for a group of toddlers. S/he will be responsible for planning enriching activities and opportunities as part of a literacy based curriculum, writing progress reports, overseeing positive parent involvement, and supervising support staff and volunteers.
• EEC Teacher Qualified in Infant/Toddlers.
• AA or BA. in Early Childhood Education preferred.
• Minimally 9 months experience and child development class.
• Must demonstrate dependability, maturity and flexibility.
• Must demonstrate nurturing skills with children, cooperativeness with adults and commitment to professional development.
• Understands and implements developmentally appropriate practices for toddlers.
• Must be in good health, free of contagious disease, and have up-to-date immunizations.
SALARY RANGE: $11.00 – $13.00/hour
POSTING DATE: December 6, 2017
CLOSING DATE: December 20, 2017 or until filled
CONTACT: For consideration, send letter of interest and resume that outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position to:
Child Care of the Berkshires
P. O. Box 172
North Adams, MA 01247
Attn: Heather LaBonté