Company Description: Child Care of the Berkshires is a large not-for profit, early care and family support agency, operating a variety of programs throughout Berkshire County, including child care centers, a network of family child care homes, home visiting programs, parent child playgroups, parent education and skill building programs.
Its mission is to promote and strengthen families through the provision of high quality child care services to families whose parents are working or in training or, for any number of reasons, cannot adequately care for the children as well as other types of social and educational services which directly affect families and their well being.
Child Care of the Berkshires employs approximately 75 staff persons and its operating budget is approximately $5 million dollars. Child Care of the Berkshires is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer, with a longstanding commitment to increasing the diversity of the employee community.
$35,000 - $37,000 Per Year
EEC Director Certification - Preference: Required
TITLE: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Norman Rockwell Early Childhood Center
88 South Street, Pittsfield
The Program Director is responsible for the planning, directing and supervising the high quality early education and care program for toddlers and preschoolers. S/he maintains conformance to the EEC policies and standards as well as carrying out the philosophy and policies of CCB. This is a split position between administering the child care program and working in the classrooms.
• Must have an A.A. or B.A./B.S. in early childhood education and meet the criteria of EEC for Director 1.
• Two years of supervisory experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of child-oriented, literacy-based curriculum development and implementation. Able to implement quality assurance practices, including NAEYC accreditation.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of management, including planning, organizing, directing, motivating and decision-making.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments and the many needs of a licensed child care program.
• Knowledge of the principle, practice and techniques of supervision and employee relations.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written form and oral expression.
• Ability to establish rapport with persons from different ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds.
• Ability to adjust to changing program requirements.
• Must be in good health, free of contagious disease, and have up-to-date immunizations.
SALARY RANGE: $35,000 - $37,000 with excellent benefits and generous paid time off
POSTING DATE: 10 September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 24 September 2019 or until filled
CONTACT: Child Care of the Berkshires
P. O. Box 172
North Adams, MA 01247
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CHILD CARE OF THE BERKSHIRES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WITH A LONGSTANDING COMMITMENT TO INCREASING THE DIVERSITY OF THE EMPLOYEE COMMUNITY.