Company Description: Based in Sheffield, Massachusetts, Berkshire Choral International (BCI) was founded in 1982 as a not-for-profit educational institution with a unique purpose: to provide amateur singers with professional-level choral immersion experiences.
During weeklong singing experiences at culturally rich US and international locations, knowledgeable amateurs study, rehearse, and perform masterpieces of the choral repertoire under the direction of world-class conductors, with professional symphony orchestras. In-depth workshops and courses with our professional staff round out the educational experience.
Chorister Services Director
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
The Chorister Services Director directs and oversees registration process and chorister operations in all company venues. The Director maintains the company web site to ensure information is up-to-date, accurate and it is providing optimal benefits for recruitment and audience attendance.
Essential Functions include:
- Oversee the enrollment process for all venues from application submissions to acceptance/rejection notices.
- Send out mailings/emails to accepted choristers with information related to their singing week.
- Responsible for all aspects of chorister accounts receivable including invoice distribution, payment collection and allocation and batching to be submitted to the Finance Director.
- Serve as first point of contact for chorister inquiries.
- Oversee chorister housing in all venues which includes processing room surcharges, assigning roommates and organizing housing charts.
- Oversee score ordering for faculty and scholars.
- Send out all rehearsal media to choristers.
- Collect and organize all apprentice and scholar application and audition materials.
- Serve as primary contact with Camp Brain, keep BCI current with necessary upgrades, and train/update others in the office as necessary.
- Create and maintain reports that track chorister enrollment, both current and historical.
- Maintain chorister database and demographic information.
- Maintain mailing lists.
- Oversee maintenance, updates, and new development of web site.
- Assist with chorister marketing initiatives.
- Prepare and publish monthly e-newsletters.
- Perform back-up assistance to Managing Director/Annual Fund Administrator as needed.
- Itemize incoming donations in the database, submit batching information to the Finance Director and issue corresponding tax receipts and thank-you notes to donors.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively, diplomatically, and patiently interact in person and by phone with customers.
- Willingness to travel 3-6 weeks a year, domestically and internationally, to choral weeks
- Comfortable with database management.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a high energy team.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Windows based applications.