Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
Practical Nursing Instructor (Evening)
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of practical nursing instructor. All applicants should list their specific areas of specialty or teaching preferences. All instructors must meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (BoRN) as outlined in 244 CMR 6.04(2)(b). These standards are available on their website https://www.mass.gov/orgs/board-of-registration-in-nursing. All applicants must be licensable by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a practical nursing instructor. Teacher license standards are contained on the Department’s website www.doe.mass.edu. The ability to adapt and implement change is crucial. Applicants must be able to teach evenings or selected days or weekends as is required.
1. Knowledge of instructional strategies and individual learning styles.
2. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
3. Knowledge of curriculum development and multi-media teaching techniques.
4. Knowledge of the BoRN and DESE curriculum requirements.
5. Current Massachusetts RN license, completion of BSN or higher degree.
6. Current relevant clinical experience in sub-acute rehab or acute medical/surgical nursing.
7. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
1. Plan, teach, and evaluate human biology, fundamentals of practical nursing, medical-surgical nursing and other specialty areas in the classroom, laboratory, and clinical setting.
2. Develop, implement, and revise the competency based practical nursing curriculum in accordance with state and national standards.
3. Participate in student recruitment activities.
4. Implement academic counseling for assigned students.
5. Assume the obligations ordinarily associated with the teaching profession.
In accordance with the School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, MA 01247