Company Description: McCann Technical School opened in 1962 and for the past 55 years has offered quality vocational/technical education for generations of Berkshire County residents. Our mission is to graduate technically skilled, academically proficient and socially responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges of the 21st century. Our educational philosophy is sustained by a staff dedicated to customer focus and satisfaction through continuous improvement.
PRACTICAL NURSING COORDINATOR
PRACTICAL NURSING COORDINATOR
(7:45 – 3:00)
Letters of application are being accepted for the position of practical nursing coordinator. All instructors must meet the requirements of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing (BoRN) as outlined in 244 CMR 6.04(2)(b). These standards are available on their website www.mass.gov/orgs/board-of-registration-in-nursing. All applicants should be licensable by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education as a practical nursing instructor. Teacher license standards are contained on the Department’s website www.doe.mass.edu. Program instruction may, on occasion, require Saturday or evening hours. The ability to adapt and implement change is crucial.
1. Possess a current Massachusetts registered nurse license in good standing.
2. Possess a master’s degree in nursing or an earned entry level doctorate degree in nursing.
3. Must have a minimum of 5 years full-time experience in nursing or its equivalent within the last 8 years and at least 3 years in nursing education.
4. Knowledge of leadership traits and standards.
5. Knowledge of instructional techniques and individual learning styles.
6. Knowledge of technology assisted teaching techniques and internet based research.
7. Knowledge of formal and informal student assessment techniques.
8. Knowledge of formative and summative assessment techniques.
9. Knowledge of the BoRN curriculum and reporting requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise educational program and staff of the PN program.
2. Compile and submit all required reports and documents.
3. Provide direction for the faculty in the development and implementation of a systematic evaluation plan (SEP).
4. Recommend faculty appointments and delegate teaching and other responsibilities.
5. Participate in the academic teaching as required.
6. Participate in the PN council of the Massachusetts/Rhode Island League of Nurses (MARILN).
7. Coordinate and participate in student recruitment activities.
8. Conduct faculty meetings to evaluate the program as well as student progress.
9. Plan and arrange for student learning experiences including preparation with clinical facility nursing administration.
10. Maintain a system of cumulative student and program records.
11. Prepare the annual budget for the program.
12. Arrange for and preside over advisory committee meetings.
13. Interview applicants and conduct admission committee meetings.
14. Assist with student job placement and maintain employment records.
15. Ensure program meets approval and accreditation requirements for all federal, state, local, national or regional agencies.
16. Develop, implement and revise the PN curriculum designed to meet accreditation requirements.
17. Ensure data is used to improve curriculum and instruction.
18. Conduct all activities with affiliating agencies and facilities.
19. Conduct ongoing assessment of student learning.
20. Coordinate professional development of faculty/self to ensure currency in nursing or nursing education.
21. Assume leadership in developing and implementing academic and program-related policies.
22. Any other duties deemed appropriate and necessary by the superintendent.
In accordance with the School District Agreement.
LETTER OF APPLICATION TO:
James J. Brosnan, Superintendent
Northern Berkshire Vocational Regional School District
70 Hodges Cross Road
North Adams, Massachusetts 01247