Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the transformative wisdom and practice of yoga.
For more than 40 years, Kripalu has been teaching skills for optimal living through education for the whole person: body, mind, heart, and spirit. It is the largest and most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL APPLICATIONS THROUGH OUR WEBSITE AT https://kripalu.org/employment-opportunities.
Dish Room Steward
To Commensurate With Experience
High School or Equivalent
Ensure Food Services dining and cooking wares and equipment are clean and sanitary and kitchen is safe and well stocked in order to meet kitchen staff and guest needs.
• Cleaning all dish and kitchen wares in prescribed manner to ensure sanitation standards are achieved.
• Load, operate and unload commercial dishwasher in accordance with established safe operating standards. Wash cooking wares and other items by had as needed to ensure sanitation.
• Maintains kitchen areas (daily sweeping and mopping and removal of all the garbage, recycling and compost out after every shift).
• Works with and helps train new hires and volunteer staff in kitchen procedures and processes.
• Report maintenance and equipment needs to shift supervisor.
• Perform deep cleaning projects and stocking of kitchen areas as directed.
• Assists with other kitchen and food service duties as assigned.
• Dispose of food, containers and other matter in manner that achieves recycling and other green initiatives of the Food Services department.
• Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles.
• Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions and ideas.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards.
• Learns and adapts quickly in new situations resulting in successful performance.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions.
• Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment and stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
Valued but not Essential Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of—or a willingness to learn—general food service operations and health codes.
To apply, please submit an application online at https://kripalu.org/employment-opportunities.