Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the wisdom and practice of yoga. The most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America, we have been teaching skills for optimal living for more than 40 years. You don't need to be a yogi to work at Kripalu-we want everyone who is looking for challenging and inspiring work!
Our competitive benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, and retirement and flexible spending accounts. All of our staff enjoy the use of our facilities, program benefits, Healing Arts and Kripalu Shop discounts, discounts to eat meals in our Dining Hall, and an extraordinary Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Our positions do not include housing, housing benefits, or housing allowances.
Find out more: kripalu.org
High School or Equivalent
Up to One Year
The Registration Advisor provides exceptional customer service and utilizes sales approach in handling incoming registration calls. This role is responsible for the intake and processing of all phone and online registration requests.
- Provide exceptional customer service by providing guests with in-depth knowledge of Kripalu programs, facilities, programs and Healing Arts services.
- Utilizes appropriate call control and closing technique to ensure that callers register at Kripalu and successfully convert inquiries to sales. Whenever possible, maximize conversion rate of inquiries to sales to increase revenue.
- Proactively engage callers and determine their needs and desires, and make suggestions for potential Kripalu programs and offerings to best meet to caller's interests.
- Accurately record guest information in the ResortSuite computer system. Successfully cross-sells additional, appropriate Kripalu offerings to the caller.
- Understands the overall picture regarding housing and conducts conversations with callers leading to optimal use of available housing stock.
- Adheres to "on phone" schedule, answers phones promptly and knowledgeably; answers caller's questions fully and clearly.
- Assists with other registrations and housing requests as assigned.
- Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu's organizational principles.
- Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations, sees issues from their point of view; offers practical, mutually beneficial recommendations, solutions and ideas.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards.
- Learns and adapts quickly in new situations resulting in successful performance.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years customer service/sales experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new computer software applications.
- Professional & reliable.
- Proficient with Microsoft office, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience with phone service preferred.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and some holidays.
*Current schedule is Sunday-Thursday with two mid-week evening shifts.