Company Description: Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health is a nonprofit educational organization dedicated to empowering people and communities to realize their full potential through the wisdom and practice of yoga. The most established retreat center for yoga, health, and holistic living in North America, we have been teaching skills for optimal living for more than 40 years. You don't need to be a yogi to work at Kripalu-we want everyone who is looking for challenging and inspiring work!
Our competitive benefits for full-time employees include paid time off, medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, and retirement and flexible spending accounts. All of our staff enjoy the use of our facilities, program benefits, Healing Arts and Kripalu Shop discounts, discounts to eat meals in our Dining Hall, and an extraordinary Employee Assistance Program.
Please note: Our positions do not include housing, housing benefits, or housing allowances.
Find out more: kripalu.org
The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for leading the Housekeeping team in providing and maintaining high standards of cleanliness for all areas of the Kripalu property. This role will be responsible for up leveling the service levels provided by housekeeping and coming up with innovative ideas for constant improvement, as well as the optimum use of resources.
- Provide effective leadership and management to housekeeping team, using direct communication, staff meetings, development opportunities, and teamwork.
- Supervise Housekeepers in their duties and ensure that they perform to the prescribed retreat standards.
- Lead the team in the use of and optimizes performance through the PMS system.
- Proactively seeks ways to improve team morale, create efficiencies, and solve guest issues.
- Stays abreast of industry standards and innovation, make recommendations about improvements to ensure we are providing exceptional service to our guests.
- Develop and document operating standards in relation to the efficient and thorough cleaning of the entire facility including, guest rooms, common areas, and office spaces and ensures that the Housekeeping employees are trained on these best practices.
- Initiates and maintains an effective inspection program including guest rooms, common areas, offices and restrooms.
- Takes immediate corrective action to solve reported issues and complaints to create and sustain superb guest experience
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a key component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Preparation and consistent monitoring of departmental budget to ensure monthly expenditures are in alignment.
- Ensure team members are fully engaged and working collaboratively to achieve results efficiently and safely with a primary focus on guest satisfaction.
- Oversee the identification in all areas of, required maintenance, replacement, or repairs in order to maintain and improve housekeeping operating standards.
- Develop strong relationships with external vendors to ensure product quality, support and cost effectiveness.
- Oversee and analyze supply and equipment purchases and inventory for all general areas of campus, ensuring that products work well, are cost effective and optimized for environmental impact.
- Work to eliminate waste and duplication of efforts cross departmentally whenever possible.
- Responsible for conducting departmental safety trainings and developing and sustaining a safety culture within the department.
- Utilize the human resources in more proactive procedures, the housekeepers can be so much more that cleaning personnel. They can also be a force for safety, security, and guest services.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Possesses strong core ethics, integrity, and values consistent with Kripalu’s organizational principles
- Builds effective relationships, identifies internal and external customer expectations; sees issues from their point of view and offers practical and mutually beneficial solutions and ideas.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform required job elements to established standards.
- Remains current regarding development and trends in areas of expertise.
- Appropriately adapts management style and approach to a specific situation or person in order to achieve desired results and performance.
- Embraces experiences as learning opportunities.
- Accepts responsibility for personal and professional learning and growth.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in a business field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a lead housekeeping role in a hotel, hospital, or other residential industry. Including a minimum 2 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Experience in PMS systems
- Experience creating department budgets and managing P/Ls.
- Comes to work with a sense of pride, positive attitude, and determination.
- Ability to think outside the box and desire to bring new and creative ideas to the table.
- Bi-lingual (speaking, reading, and writing) in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to create, sustain, and manage strong working relationships with supervisors, staff, related operational areas, vendors, and contractors.
- Experience in the development and management of large departmental budget.
- Ability to manage and analyze staff, resources and supplies to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
***This role will require weekend evening and occasional holiday coverage.