Company Description: Jiminy Peak is the region's premier four-season resort offering skiing, boarding, lodging, conference room facilities and featuring our Mountain Adventure Park.
We are looking for energetic and reliable people who want to join our team and provide the friendliest and most helpful mountain resort services possible.
If you share our values of:
* Obsessed with Safety
* Relentlessly Improving Guest Experiences
* Fostering People Relationships
* Forever Green - Devoted to Envirnomental Stewardship
* Intense Passion for Beauty
* Sustainable Profit & Growth
.........and want to contribute to a team focused on enhancing guest experiences at the most beautiful mountain resort in New England........then consider joining Jiminy Peak
For more information visit www.jiminypeak.com
Full Time Seasonal Mountain Operations Mechanic
High School or Equivalent
This position is responsible for repair and maintenance of our 7 chairlifts, groomers, snowmobiles and company vehicles. This is an hourly, non-exempt, non-supervisory position and reports to the Mountain Operations Manager.
- Perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repairs on heavy equipment, groomers, ski lifts, high volume, high-pressure water pumps and air compressors, diesel, gas, electric powered motors, hydraulic pumps and motors, final drives, splitter boxes, planetaries, gearboxes and torque hubs.
- Perform troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repairs on snowmobiles, ATV's, automobiles, pickups, chainsaws, small generators, and spin-trimmers.
- Perform snowplowing, and sanding duties.
- Other related duties as requested by manager.
- 18 or over
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Safety conscious and thorough
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work at high elevations and climb high structures
- Ability to lift, push, pull substantial amounts of weight
- Ability to physically negotiate steep terrain
- Ability to walk without assistance, bend at waist, knees and move arms and hands freely
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and conditions including extreme
heat and cold
- Prior metal fabrication, welding, and electrical experience
- Proven ability to follow schematics and troubleshoot and solve problems