Company Description: Greylock Federal Credit Union is a financial institution located throughout Berkshire County. We are a full-service credit union providing access to credit, affordable savings/checking accounts, insurance and investment services.
Greylock offers competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) match and pension plan and generous paid time off.
It is the policy of Greylock Federal Credit Union to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, religion, ancestry, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the United States Armed Forces, being a member of the Reserves or National Guard or status in any other group protected by federal, state or local law, in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring/selection, job assignment, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, recall, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, supervision, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Additional Business Name: Greylock Insurance Agency
Want to be part of a team that loves to help and shows it every day? If you seek more than just a job, but a career where you can grow personally while making a difference in your community, Greylock Insurance Agency could be the place for you. Find out more about our worker-friendly environment, highly competitive salaries, and amazing benefit package.
Greylock Insurance Agency
Position Title: Account Manager
Department: INSURANCE AGENCY 1/1/2018
Under the direction of senior Personal Lines or Commercial Lines management for the Greylock Insurance Agency, performs a variety of duties in support of the insurance agency function in conformance with established Agency and Credit Union policies, strategies and procedures.
Key Job Requirements:
1. Performs any functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to the clients, prospective clients and guests served by Greylock Insurance Agency while performing all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines and Credit Union policies and procedures.
2. Gathers information; utilizes software to prepare a quote for underwriting. Uses underwriting guidelines, Winrater, and other company websites to qualify an insurance quote.
3. Confidently discusses options/quotes and makes recommendations for policy suggestions/changes with existing and potential customers. Be prepared to respond to frequently asked questions.
4. Advises and assists customers in claims process by using company websites and industry software. Answers questions and assures customers their claims will be handled promptly.
5. Takes ownership of assigned portfolio. Reviews renewals, provides excellent customer service and adheres to Greylock’s motto to treat customers/members better than they expect.
6. Achieves expected standards in up-selling/cross-selling by reviewing existing customers’ policies and asking the appropriate questions that will result in cross-selling additional policies and up-selling needed features to current policies.
7. Cross-sells Greylock products (referrals) to non-Credit Union members, as well as have a basic understanding of the products and services the Credit Union has to offer.
8. Schedules and presents information at branch and departmental meetings. Prepares and conducts presentations with confidence and enthusiasm.
9. Understands insurance concepts and is able to explain contract terms for personal lines products in a way that is understandable to our customers.
10. Actively represents the Credit Union in local civic, community and professional organizations. Promotes the Credit Union wherever and whenever possible.
11. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines and Credit Union policies and procedures.
The above is a description of the ordinary duties of the position. It should be expected that from time to time other duties both related and unrelated to the above may be assigned and, therefore, required.
Must successfully complete all company website training and all coverage training.
High School diploma or equivalent. Two-five years of insurance experience. Successful completion of Property & Casualty licensing within the first 6 months from date of hire. Excellent verbal communication, telephone etiquette, and customer service and organizational skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Proficient knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Professional appearance. Able to maintain confidential information.