Company Description: Greylock Federal Credit Union is a financial institution located throughout Berkshire County. We are a full-service credit union providing access to credit, affordable savings/checking accounts, insurance and investment services.
Greylock offers competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) match and pension plan and generous paid time off.
It is the policy of Greylock Federal Credit Union to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, religion, ancestry, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the United States Armed Forces, being a member of the Reserves or National Guard or status in any other group protected by federal, state or local law, in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring/selection, job assignment, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, recall, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, supervision, compensation, discipline, termination, access to benefits and training and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Additional Business Name: Greylock Insurance Agency
Commercial Lines Producer
Some College Coursework Completed
3. MA Full Property & Casualty producer license - Preference: Preferred
Want to be part of a team that loves to help and shows it every day? If you seek more than just a job, but a career where you can grow personally while making a difference in your community, Greylock Federal could be the place for you. Find out more about our worker-friendly environment, highly competitive salaries, and an amazing benefits package.
Job Title: Commercial Lines Producer Grade: 19
Department: Greylock Insurance Agency 2/2018
Reports to: Vice President, Commercial Lines
The Producer is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling new and renewal accounts. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process. Service and sales standards must be met with emphasis placed on the quality of the insurance product presented to the client.
Key Job Requirement:
1. Performs any functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to the clients, prospective clients and guests served by the Greylock Insurance Agency.
2. Assists in the development of the sales objectives. Meets the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals as established with Vice President, Commercial Lines.
3. Creates and maintains prospect and suspect lists.
4. Request internal and external referrals and respond to the referrals quickly and
5. Pre-qualifies insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
6. Identifies the client’s insurance needs, gaps in coverage, and loss exposures (insurable and uninsurable).
7. Obtains accurate information from the prospects; including completing applications, supplemental questionnaires, risk surveys, and other related documentation in order to provide complete, comprehensive submissions.
8. Designs insurance programs and recommends insurance coverage to clients.
9. Meets agency standards for account receivables. Collection of agency billed premiums where applicable
10. Qualify and prepare insurance quotes using underwriting guidelines and company websites. This may include preparing new business submissions for quotation at the insurance companies, quoting renewals on those accounts which cannot be quoted in house and sending required paperwork and letters to the insured for signature.
11. Reviews client’s insurance programs annually and makes recommendations. Performs renewal account reviews, updates agency and company applications and remarkets where necessary
12. Accurately documents client files and electronic files as to coverage discussions, quotes, declination, and coverage change or declined using the agency management system.
13. Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
14. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, Greylock Insurance and Credit Union policies and procedures.
15. Promotes the Greylock Insurance Agency wherever and whenever possible. Encouraged to actively represent the Greylock Insurance Agency in local civic, community and professional organizations
16. Other functions may be assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
1. High school diploma or its equivalent; some college or significant Insurance Industry related experience; or combination of education and experience.
2. Valid driver’s license required with proof of insurance.
3. MA Full Property & Casualty producer license
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Access or ability and desire to obtain required.
5. Familiarity with Agency Systems such as TAM is desirable
6. Energetically focused efforts on meeting a goal, mission or objective.