Company Description: At SoCo Creamery we believe in spreading happiness one scoop at a time with our handcrafted, micro-batched ice cream made right here in South County (hence our name…get it?) with the best ingredients the Berkshires have to offer. We’re as local as” local” gets. Our ice cream is made at our factory right here, in Great Barrington, just a mile away from our scoop shop.
Our micro-batch magic was born from a passion for fresh yummy food; long before it was cool to be a “foodie”. Started in 1989 SoCo Creamery was pioneering the super-premium ice cream explosion!! For over 20 years we’ve been a Berkshire destination & cure all. We’ve mended broken hearts, curbed tantrums and helped end days on a sweeter note.
We believe that 2 scoops are always better than 1 and that life is SWEET!
To Commensurate With Experience
The Store Manager is responsible for the oversight, upkeep, and expansion of SoCo Creamery’s retail operation.
They are also responsible for:
- Providing exceptional customer service and ensuring the same level of commitment from the staff;
- Growing sales and increasing profit margin;
- Creating and maintaining tracking documents to analyze and shape store performance, from staffing needs to cost of goods;
- Creating and maintaining handbooks, procedures, and best practices to ensure store is running efficiently and consistently;
- Involved in staff hiring, training, and development, especially that of Managers and Assistant Managers, to make sure they are performing up to SoCo standards;
- Researching new opportunities, and drafting proposals to take advantage of them;
- Researching competitors and finding ways to keep ahead;
- Coordinating with the production and marketing teams as well as the CEO and CFO to set and achieve goals;
- and collaborating with Managers to gather feedback and implement improvements in the stores.
Candidates should have:
- 2-3 years or more managing retail stores, preferably overseeing multiple locations;
- Experience in food and beverage, with specialty food experience a plus;
- A proven ability to problem-solve, including in high-pressure situations;
- A genuine passion for customer service.
Candidates should be:
- Proven communicators used to taking and acting on constructive feedback;
- Experienced in business, with a working knowledge of inventories, budgeting, points of sale, and direct management of 10+ employees;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated;
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.