Company Description: At SoCo Creamery we believe in spreading happiness one scoop at a time with our handcrafted, micro-batched ice cream made right here in South County (hence our name…get it?) with the best ingredients the Berkshires have to offer. We’re as local as” local” gets. Our ice cream is made at our factory right here, in Great Barrington, just a mile away from our scoop shop.
Our micro-batch magic was born from a passion for fresh yummy food; long before it was cool to be a “foodie”. Started in 1989 SoCo Creamery was pioneering the super-premium ice cream explosion!! For over 20 years we’ve been a Berkshire destination & cure all. We’ve mended broken hearts, curbed tantrums and helped end days on a sweeter note.
We believe that 2 scoops are always better than 1 and that life is SWEET!
$15.00 Per Hour
High School or Equivalent
Up to One Year
Driver's License - Preference: Required
The SoCo Logistics Clerk handles the inbound and outbound orders for the warehouse. The logistics clerk is responsible for coordinating inventory counts and adjustments with the CSR, including root cause analysis insuring an accurate representation of finished product inventory to insure order fulfillment. The logistics clerk provides support as necessary to the daily shuttle between the plant and warehouse with duties including but not limited to wrapping finished product, driving, loading and unloading the truck and filling in at the plant as necessary. You will process orders, prepare correspondences and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction and provide support and backup to the CSR as needed. This position also provides backup and support for the truck driver including pickups and deliveries.
• Manage freezer and maintain all raw and finished goods inventory
• Keep the receiving dock clean and organized at all time
• Maintain compliance logs for all forklifts and company vehicles
• Dispatch truck and develop delivery routes
• Unload / Inspect incoming freight for damage
• Record and report any damages, shortages or overages.
• Responsible for maintaining records of each incoming and outgoing shipment, including the type and date.
• Work with others in the department to ensure department’s efficiency.
• Operates forklift or hand truck when applicable to remove or load onto freight truck.
• Ensure all parts or units are shipped out the same day to the proper location
• Check paperwork coming from CSR to ensure that it matches with the parts to be shipped out.
• Schedule the shipment's pick up and arrange its transportation to the customer when necessary.
• Responsible for maintaining records of each shipment and receipt entering data into Fishbowl.
• Calculate shipping rates and any other necessary charges.
• Warehouse experience
• Clean driving record
• Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
• Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
• High school diploma or equivalent