Company Description: At SoCo Creamery we believe in spreading happiness one scoop at a time with our handcrafted, micro-batched ice cream made right here in South County (hence our name…get it?) with the best ingredients the Berkshires have to offer. We’re as local as” local” gets. Our ice cream is made at our factory right here, in Great Barrington, just a mile away from our scoop shop.
Our micro-batch magic was born from a passion for fresh yummy food; long before it was cool to be a “foodie”. Started in 1989 SoCo Creamery was pioneering the super-premium ice cream explosion!! For over 20 years we’ve been a Berkshire destination & cure all. We’ve mended broken hearts, curbed tantrums and helped end days on a sweeter note.
We believe that 2 scoops are always better than 1 and that life is SWEET!
Line Team Member
$13.00 Per Hour
Some High School Coursework
As a valued member of the SoCo you will be trained in all areas of production and perform job requirements according to the specific areas standard operating procedures for the kitchen and ice cream manufacturing. You must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations (including all safety training and safety information) associated with this position. Your role is important, and you must be able to move throughout the facility within production areas, effectively communicate with others and produce the best ice cream and ingredients in the world while maintaining a positive and respectful attitude within the plant and organization.
• Maintaining a clean and safe work space; washing walls, floors, tanks, machinery, dishes, sheet trays, freezers, refrigerators, packaging area, rest room, office, and shelves.
• Keeping an organized work space order and structure
• Paying attention to details; precise measurements, cook times, temperature readings
• General knife skills; safe and efficient cutting techniques
• The ability to taste effectively; balance of flavors, expressing what is needed to make a product better
• Multitasking and making decisions quickly
• Preparation of inclusions and flavorings for ice cream
• Shrink wrapping
• Organizing freezers to maximize production space
• Extruding ice cream from the continuous freezer or batch freezer into the desired packaging
• Washing dishes to ensure functionality in the kitchen and to make sure the production team has everything they need to produce efficiently
• General cleaning; Participate in weekly cleaning plans (schedule coming soon)
• Cleaning the bathroom – emptying the garbage, scrubbing toilet, washing sink, refilling paper towels, replacing toilet paper.
• Maintaining a professional appearance
• Other shared kitchen tasks
• Labeling packaging
• Other duties as assigned based on business needs
• Outstanding communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Basic math skills
• Willingness to welcome new ideas and work well with others
• Being a team player
• Creativity and imagination