Company Description: Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 640 local branch managers and approximately 90,000 security officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses. Securitas USA's core business is security services. Our main service offering categories are specialized guarding, mobile security services, remote guarding and corporate risk management.
Seasonal Security Officers
$13.50 Per Hour
High School or Equivalent
Customer Service Experience - Preference: Nice to have
JOB SUMMARY: Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, The Security Officer enforces Museum security regulations for the public as well as the staff. They will guard and patrol an assigned area, usually at the Museum entrances.
· The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
· All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
· Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
· In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
· All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
1. Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
2. Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
3. Enforce the Museum rules of conduct for visitors ensure that the public, the Museum Staff and other outside contractors adhere to certain fundamental rules of security to prevent theft, fire, damage, and personal injury, responsible for preventing disorder and overcrowding
4. Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
5. Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
6. Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
7. Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator
emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
8. Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
9. The ability to be on your feet for 7 hour shifts on different flooring (marble, hardwood, cement, tile, carpet).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
· Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
· Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
· Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
· Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; related experience preferred.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
· Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
· Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
· Ability to be an effective team member.
· Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
· Courteous telephone manner.
· Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
· Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
· Good organizational skills.
Must be 18 years old or older
Must have reliable transportation
Must have reliable communication
Be able to stand for 7 hours
H/S Diploma or GED
Must be able to pass DT and Background check