Company Description: With its gracious ambience and eclectic décor, The Orchards Hotel effortlessly combines luxurious accommodations with modern amenities.
Featuring Gala Restaurant & Bar, 3100 sq ft of meeting space and 49 guest rooms. The Orchards provides exceptional service in a rewarding atmosphere. Gala Restaurant offers guests farm to table comfort food made from local ingredients.
High School or Equivalent
The Orchards Hotel is actively searching for a professional, friendly, and fast-paced Banquet Captain to join our Food and Beverage team.
This is a Part Time/On Call position. Expected shifts will vary due to business demand.
- While performing same duties as servers, will act as Supervisor for each shift. The Banquet Captain is responsible for working with the clients to ensure that the event is run according to the information on the BEO.
- Responsible for guiding banquet staff in proper server procedures and side work.
- Will participate in weekly BEO meetings with the F&B team.
- Set-up and break-down of events according to BEO and floor plan outlines, including moving/stacking tables and chairs, setting linens, flatware, and glassware, arranging décor, setting and breaking down buffet line, and all other assigned pre-function duties.
- Provide bottled wine service to tables according to standards.
- Tend to stationary hors d’oeuvres or perform passed hors d’oeuvre service to guests.
- Clear the meeting room, including stationary in-room trays and covered carts to break-down buffets. Sort and assist culinary team with breaking down and addressing excess banquet food.
- Act as buffet runner, effectively communicating to culinary staff when additional food items are needed in the event space.
- Maintain proper storage of banquet décor, tools, linens, and equipment.
- Complete designated pre-event, side work, and post-event tasks efficiently and thoroughly.
Hay Creek offers an extensive benefit and incentive package, including;
- Insurance Benefit package, to include Company-funded Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness
- Competitive Salary/Wages
- Competitive Paid Time Off Structure including Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay, Jury Duty Leave, and Bereavement Leave
- Standard Annual Performance/Salary Reviews
- Merit and Cost of Living Adjustments
- Complimentary Meals Daily
- Free Parking
- Employee and Friends & Family Lodging Discounts as low as forty-nine dollars per night at all HCH Properties
- Discounts at specific property partners (NEIRA, Historic Hotels of America)
- 50% Discount when Dining at any HCH Property
- Industry Discounts through Working Advantage (Entertainment Tickets, Hotels, Rental Cars, Outdoor Activities, Restaurants, etc.)
- Discounts at each of our Spas, Golf Courses, Fitness rooms/programs and other featured amenities
- Supportive, open-door policy work environment
- Work Culture that is fun, energetic and motivating
- Employee Recognition Program - 'Delight and Surprise Dollars'
- Accelerated Career Advancement to include professional enrichment, conferences & classes, and manager in training programs.
- 1 year serving experience in a catering or banquet capacity required.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Previous alcohol service training a plus.
- Ability to work in a constructive, team working environment with a positive, upbeat and customer-focused attitude.
- Proven success in customer service roles.
- Flexibility to work nights or morning, weekends, holidays and busy seasonal days (i.e. town festivals).