Company Description: edm, an architectural, engineering, management firm, with offices in Pittsfield and Chicopee, MA, Unionville, CT and Troy, NY, is a growing, high-energy firm, with a strong commitment to engineering and design services, and is looking for dynamic self-starters to join our team! Could that be you? The right candidate must be interested in having fun, enjoying what they do, and have the right skill sets to contribute to edm's continued growth. If you are ready to bring your talent and skills to meet exciting and new challenges, please apply to join our team!
TBD Per Hour
We are currently seeking an Accounting Assistant to work with edm’s Accounting/Administrative Department. The right candidate will work directly with edm’s Accounting Manager to help maintain project and financial data. The Accounting Assistant will also be expected to answer phones, communicate with clients, external agencies and edm’s Senior Management and Staff.
• Data entry and maintenance of client, employee, vendor and project databases.
• Transaction entry for accounts payable – vendor invoices.
• Processing accounts payable payments.
• Processing and posting employee times and expense sheets.
• Processing employee expense payments.
• Payroll preparation (excel sheet) for submission to third party vendor for processing.
• Data entry of payroll costs to accounting system.
• Transaction entry for account receivable – cash receipts and project invoices.
• Preparation and processing of project invoicing to clients.
• Collection of outstanding accounts receivable invoices.
• Bank deposit preparation.
• Bank account reconciliation.
• Preparation and payment of multi-state sales tax.
edm fosters a family-like atmosphere where team members feel valued and have fun while working hard. Each day is different and requires a new approach. If you are interested in joining a firm that cares deeply about its employees, clients and communities, send a cover letter, your resume and references to the contact information listed in this post.
Check us out on the web at http://www.edm-ae.com
edm is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Experience with accounting software. (edm currently uses Deltek)
• Experience with general ledger, financial statements and analysis of GL accounts.
• Ability to communicate effectively with third parties such as but not limited to vendors, clients
and payroll provider.
• Ability to communicate effectively with edm’s Owners, Corporate Accountant, financial
institutions and state and federal agencies.
• Ability to successfully function in a fast pace cooperative team environment with multiple
• Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail, quality and accuracy.