Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA is on Kiplinger's Personal Finance list of 100 Best Values in Public Colleges for 2015. The ranking cites colleges that combine outstanding academics with affordable cost. The College was again named to the President's Honor Roll for Service by the Corporation for National and Community Service in 2015.
Staff Assistant/Senior Help Desk Consultant
The duties of this position include assisting members of the User Services staff with supporting the student and faculty staff Computer Help Desk. Providing assistance with provisioning, installing and maintaining desktop, laptop, computer labs and classroom technology equipment across campus.
1. A Bachelor's degree in a related field as well as two years or more of professional experience servicing microcomputers, network devices and peripherals.
2. Expertise with the Windows operating system with the Active Directory environment including GUI customization, patching, driver installation/updating, group policies and the command line. Experience with Mac OS X a plus.
3. Excellent skills with tools used for virus, spyware and malware detection and removal.
4. Familiarity with a virtual desktop infrastructure and the provisioning of thin clients.
5. A working knowledge of TCP/IP network communications, including configuration methods in most popular devices.
6. Experience in managing and documenting a community of hundreds of devices. Experience using enterprise endpoint management tools such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Systems Center Configuration Manager and JAMF Casper Software.
7. A working knowledge of microcomputer and mobile applications software including the Microsoft Office suite and Adobe suite.
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Ability to lift and transport components weighing up to 70 pounds.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, position in the APA bargaining unit. Salary range is $35,000 - $40,000.