Company Description: Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills of Western Massachusetts. Founded in 1894, MCLA is the Commonwealth's public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. MCLA is a member of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC), a national consortium positioned at the forefront of the conversation on the value of a liberal arts education. MCLA was named one of U.S. News and World Report's Top Public Schools in 2018.
Adjunct Instructor - Experiential Credit Portfolio Preparation and Writing
The Division of Graduate and Continuing Education seeks applications for a part-time, adjunct faculty position to teach ENGL 395 for the spring 2020 semester. The course will run during evening hours.
Course Code and Title
ENGL 395 Experiential Credit Portfolio Preparation and Writing - Provides students with help in completing a portfolio for experiential credit. Includes a rigorous essay-writing component.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
* Deliver instruction appropriate to the topic, course description, intended learning outcomes, level, and student audience.
* Promote and facilitate student success by creating an environment conducive to learning and student involvement.
* Manage the learning environment through effective record-keeping, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic, code of conduct, and attendance policies.
* Master's degree
* Prior teaching experience
Preferred skills and background
* Experience or familiarity with credit for prior learning and the CAEL standards for portfolio development
* Previous teaching experience at the college level.
* Familiarity with learning management systems (LMS), with preference for Canvas.
* Enthusiasm for education and supporting the professional growth of others.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.
Please note that all part-time instructor postings are for adjunct pools. Positions may or may not be immediately available, however whenever openings occur, department chairs will turn to the adjunct pools to fill the openings.
Applicants to these pools will not hear back on their status unless an opening occurs and the department chairs decides he/she wishes to interview that candidate to possibly fill the new opening.
To apply send a letter of interest, CV/Resume, teaching philosophy statement, and names and contact information of three references by clicking the APPLY NOW button below.