Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Additional Business Name: Northern Berkshire Branch
Aquatics and Youth Sports Manager
14-15 hr Per Hour
The Aquatics & Youth Sports Manager provides leadership and support for YMCA Youth Sports and Aquatics and will interact with employees, management, members, and other business associates in an outgoing, courteous manner. The manager will perform various administrative, support, and specialty duties related to the efficient operation of Youth Sports and Aquatics programs. The Program Director will be responsible for new revenue growth in all departments. Must model relationship-building skills in all interactions and develop and maintain positive relationships with children, parents, and other staff. The Aquatics and Youth Sports Manager will support the mission, purpose, and goals of the YMCA, while performing his/her job duties and responsibilities.
LG certified a plus. Willing to certify but must be able to swim 500 yards to test into the class.
Plan and Implement Swim Lessons using YMCA swim lesson curriculum
Manage guard schedule and substitute as needed
Maintain pool area and supplies
Maintain pool records ensuring compliance with the DPH
Over the summer manage the branch pool and Windsor Lake
Mange all Youth Sports for Northern Berkshire branch and some duties for the Pittsfield branch.
Setting sports schedules and organizing youth coaches
1. Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
2. One to two years related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
3. Minimum age requirements may apply; for example, minimum age of 21 (define).
4. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Working with Program Volunteers; Bloodborne Pathogens. LG course and CPO certification.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.