Company Description: Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Berkshire Family YMCA, you’ll discover more than a job – you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Our staff members – of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences – enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
If you want to work in an environment that promotes Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility, please consider the Berkshire Family YMCA.
Member Services and Communications Associate
High School or Equivalent
Do you read the following and think, "Wow, that describes me"?
- I wake up each day with a smile, positive attitude, and looking forward to the day!
- It matters to me that the work I'm doing supports the quality of life of members of my community and neighbors.
- I enjoy getting to know customers/clients to better understand how I can help them have a positive, memorable experience.
- I juggle priorities during busy times and find things to keep busy during slow times.
- I'm reliable and committed to getting to work for my scheduled shifts and offer to fill in when needed.
If so, you should read more about this position at the Y.
Our Welcome Center staff is the first point of contact for all visitors to the Berkshire Family YMCA. Each member of the YMCA staff is expected to create and promote a positive, professional, and welcoming atmosphere by providing excellent customer service and exemplifying our YMCA values - Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Team Player, Humble, and Engagement.
Welcome Center staff are expected to enthusiastically greet members and guests by name, while providing friendly, efficient service, membership, and program information. The Welcome Center is the communications hub and supports the Mission Advancement Department focused on the member experience, marketing and fundraising for the non-profit organization. Working at the YMCA isn't just a job, you're a part of a cause-driven organization whose mission is to strengthen our community through three areas of focus:
Youth Development: Nurturing the potential of every child and teen
Healthy Living: Improving the nation’s health and well-being
Social Responsibility: Giving back and providing support to our neighbors
Welcome Center Staff Qualifications:
- Must be a team player, engaging and humble.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to relate to and interact with youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Moderate to advanced computer skills a must.
- Able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Understands the mission of the YMCA.
- Dependable, reliable, and trust-worthy.
- Minimum high school degree.
- 1-2 years customer service experience and other relatable experience based on position needs.
Our Pittsfield branch located at 292 North St. has the following Welcome Center position:
Member Services and Communications Associate (Part Time):
Complete all procedures related to the enrollment or validation of members and program participants, registering for programs, answering telephone and responding to member questions. Support the communications, marketing and development/fundraising efforts by developing branded materials for the association, including print, social media, email and website content.
The Berkshire Family YMCA Pittsfield Branch is open 7 days per week. Current shift needs include:
For consideration, all applicants should clearly identify in their cover letter the shifts for which they are available. Cover letters and resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are available at the Welcome Center. No phone calls please. A CORI screening will be completed.