Company Description: The Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an independent YMCA located on 1400 acres in the beautiful Berkshires of Western MA close to nationally renowned cultural and historic attractions such as Jacob’s Pillow and Tanglewood. Chimney Corners Camp, Camp Becket and the Travel and Service Program, Becket Day Camp and the Berkshire Outdoor Center are the five primary program focuses for the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA.
Camp Becket for boys and Chimney Corners Camp for girls are traditional resident camps with rich traditions and commitment to character development. Program offerings are in aquatics, athletics, theater, dance, creative arts, horseback riding, service learning, adventure trips, team building and high ropes. Our Travel & Service Programs offer a unique life experience to teens and our Berkshire Outdoor Center offers a wide-range of year-round programs for individuals, families and groups.
We are conveniently located off Route 8 past Jacobs Pillow; 15 minutes from center of Lee.
Nurse (summer camp)
To Commensurate With Experience
This is a seasonal position for this upcoming summer season.
Summer camp dates, which includes seasonal staff training are from June 16 - August 18th; seasonal commitment is ideally 9 weeks however a minimum of 2 weeks may be considered.
POSITION SUMMARY: A Camp Nurse, under the supervision of the Nursing Director, administers health care for all members of the camp community.
1. Attend an orientation to the camp health service provided by the Nurse Director and the Camp Physician.
2. To share with Camp Physician, during pre-camp orientation sessions, health concerns and procedures for which the staff shall need advice and training.
3. Maintain health record files, daily log and treatment book, and insurance claim provisions consonant with the provisions of law and established pediatric standards. Ensure the completion all paperwork required such as accident reports, state reports, insurance claims and Worker’s Comp forms and submit all forms to the appropriate person in a timely fashion.
4. Carry out the Standing Orders and consult as circumstances dictate with Camp Physician.
5. Maintain medical equipment and supplies and medicines in accordance with established practice.
6. Provide the Camp Director with daily reports on Infirmary population, sickness concerns, and accidents.
7. Insure that Infirmary is kept clean, quiet, and prepared to deal with emergency and on-going health care at the camp health services center.
8. Provide 24-hour health care coverage and stand available for emergencies, illnesses, in-patient care, sick calls, and transport of patient to specialist or hospital.
9. Meet with camper parents on opening day of each session to receive medicines and to discuss any health matters pertinent to the camper.
10. Inform camp staff of health issues with campers and educate counselors on how to provide care for campers with health issues.
WHY WORK AT CAMP:
• Beautiful work setting
• On-site housing available (not required however strongly preferred)
• Great benefits - children or grandchildren may participate in summer programs at reduced rate
1. Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
2. Experience in pediatric nursing care is desirable
3. Commitment to the ideals of YMCA camping, and the ability to work well with others are essential ingredients
4. Desire to work and live in a camp community; ability to live onsite preferred