Company Description: The Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an independent YMCA located on 1500 acres in the beautiful Berkshires of Western MA close to nationally renowned cultural and historic attractions such as Jacob’s Pillow and Tanglewood. Chimney Corners Camp, Camp Becket and the Travel and Service Program, Becket Day Camp and the Berkshire Outdoor Center are the five primary program focuses for the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA.
Camp Becket for boys and Chimney Corners Camp for girls are traditional resident camps with rich traditions and commitment to character development. Program offerings are in aquatics, athletics, theater, dance, creative arts, horseback riding, service learning, adventure trips, team building and high ropes. Our Travel & Service Programs offer a unique life experience to teens and our Berkshire Outdoor Center offers a wide-range of year-round programs for individuals, families and groups.
We are conveniently located off Route 8 past Jacobs Pillow; 15 minutes from center of Lee.
Human Resources Manager
PHR/SPHR Certification - Preference: Preferred
General Function: The Human Resources Manager shall manage the consistent delivery of HR processes and services to all employees. In addition, the HR Manager will work with the Senior Team to develop and implement BCCYMCA’s human resources strategy, including supporting organizational and cultural change.. Collaborate with Senior Staff in evaluating employee performance and workforce planning.
1. Responsible for policies, processes, systems, practices, and procedures relating to all aspects of administration of Human Resources, including the maintenance of employee handbooks.
2. Responsible for compensation policies and procedures; including writing job descriptions, employee performance evaluations, and adherence to compensation strategy.
3. Monitor and implement legislation and legal provisions that affect Human Resources. Ensure adherence to all federal, state, and local regulations, and all organization policies and procedures.
4. Review BCC YMCA’s exposure to FLSA, OSHA, EEO, and other requirements affecting Human Resources matters and prepare information requested or required for compliance. Serve as primary contact and liaison with labor counsel and outside government/regulatory agencies.
5. Develop recruiting tools to support managers in attracting the best staff talent to BCCYMCA.
6. Monitor job vacancies to ensure that open positions are advertised consistently both externally and internally.
7. Administer performance management processes and systems. Develop and participate in employee recognition programs and/or implement employee relations practices to promote consensus-building and high employee morale.
8. Provide coaching and advice to Managers regarding employee relations matters including the areas of performance improvement, disciplinary action, and termination. Maintain confidentiality and promote consistency and fairness on the appropriate handling of issues and policy enforcement.
9. Conduct independent investigations on key employee concerns including workplace and sexual harassment, discrimination, and wage/hour claims.
10. Complete exit interviews for all year-round employees.
11. Identify, develop, and schedule Trainings and certification as appropriate for all levels of staff, including overall Training Plans for BCCYMCA.
12. Review and manage the annual process of updating BCCYMCA’s employee benefits package; health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, retirement, etc.
13. Review and manage worker’s compensation and unemployment processes. Prepare information requested or required by government/regulatory agencies.
14. Maintain relationships with HR Networks, including within the MA Alliance of YMCAs, to update Senior Leaders on public policy impacts relevant to the BCCYMCA’s mission and cause.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
2. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
3. Ability to speak concisely and communicate effectively.
4. Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
5. Ability to view/enter data for long periods of time.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, business or other related field.
2. 5 years of experience in an Human Resources generalist position and/or managing Human Resources operations including employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance, training, policy and compliance.
3. Extensive knowledge of employment law, labor statutes and regulations, expressly including hourly and/or part-time and seasonal employees.
4. Proven leadership competencies – including communication skills, customer service skills, and problem-solving abilities.
5. A commitment to the mission and values of BCCYMCA.
6. PHR/SPHR Certification preferred.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with HRIS systems and metrics.