Administrative Assistant to Director of Special Services
Some College Coursework Completed
Adams-Cheshire Regional School District is seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with the Director of Special Services. This position is 35 hours per week/52 weeks per year.
* Compiles a variety of local/state/federal information; verify data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with established procedures;
* Assists Director in developing and maintaining communications between district staff, department and families;
* Assist with Special Education issues and other special projects; professional development and parent workshops. Knowledge of department Grants;
* Assist with developing transportation schedules for Special Education bussing;
* Maintain on-going records and documents; reporting, etc. for quarterly medicaid billing;
* Process referrals including data input, mailings and distribution of assessment assignments;
* Receives, processes and routes departmental mail and phone calls;
* Maintains strict confidentiality of all student and staff information and records;
* Coordinate purchasing with staff and processing of purchase orders;
* Maintain listings of equipment and testing materials used by departmental personnel;
* eSPED Administrator - Maintain and update student information in Special Education management systems and the district Student Information Management Systems, check for accuracy; use information to prepare and provide a variety of necessary reports to state, district and school personnel. Knowledge of Massachusetts State Performance Plan - Indicators and due dates;
* Assist in the coordination of pre-school screening; advertising, parent mailings, notifying agencies
and maintaining records. Complete scheduling of screening candidates;
* Gather documentation and coordinate summer programming for students. Coordinate staffing and purchasing;
* May assist Director in record keeping and management of Homeless; ELL and Early Childhood Coordinator records. Assist in verifying accuracy in SIMS data;
* Maintain district website for Special Services and Early Childhood Coordinator; Homeless/Foster Family Coordinator; ELL Coordinator;
* Process and distribute team meeting notices and meeting documents for parents/staff.
* Submit and update on-line college board student information/accommodations and maintain records.
Knowledge & Skills:
Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships with all staff, families, agencies and other districts;
Knowledge in Special Education Management systems (eSped); MMS; SIMS; Medicaid billing/reporting; DOE website;
Knowledge of social security disability claiming department;
Must have good human relation skills and be able to communicate well with others;
Attention to detail and follow through to meet deadlines and commitments;
It is the policy of the Adams-Cheshire Regional School District that all programs, activities, courses of study, and employment opportunities are offered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.