1. Coordinates all special education programs in this district
2. In concert with principals and appropriate personnel, plans and implements in-service programs for special education personnel and parents
3. Assumes procurement of all federal and state special education grants
4. In concert with principals, evaluates all special education staff and programs
5. Coordinates system-wide guidance and counseling services
6. Establishes effective liaison with the various offices and agencies within the curriculum that may provide specialized or professional help to students and their parents, and serves as referral agent to offices and agencies
7. Responsible for the coordination and supervision of home and hospital tutoring and home instruction
8. Responsible for system-wide student records including compliance with appropriate laws and regulations
9. Performs all other duties assigned by the superintendent of schools.
10. Oversees ELL Coordinator/McKinney-Vento Coordinator/Early Childhood Coordinator
1. Masters Degree
2. Massachusetts certification as Special Education Administrator or eligible for certification
3. Five years of teaching and/or supervision in the field of special education
4. Working knowledge of MA Department of Education special education regulations
It is the policy of the Adams-Cheshire Regional School District that all programs, activities, courses of study, and employment opportunities are offered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.