Community Health Programs
PO Box 30
Community Health Programs is a network of health centers and caring professionals that provide outstanding primary and preventive care for patients of all ages. What’s truly unique to CHP is our broad spectrum of support services that extend beyond medical and dental issues to strengthen families and improve children’s well-being. The region is a federally designated rural community and a Medically Underserved Population Area.
Community Health Programs embraces its role as a nonprofit health care provider and community partner. We are a leader in the communities we serve by providing high quality healthcare, dental services, wellness education and family support services. CHP outreach provides free health screenings, insurance enrollment assistance as well as information so people can learn how to take better care of themselves and their families.
Additional Business Name: CHP
|Certified Medical Assistant-FT Gt Barrington OBGYN Office|
|Salary Range:||Location:|| To Commensurate With Experience || Great Barrington
|Job Type:||Category:||Full Time||Healthcare Office
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
Certified Medical Assistant - Preference: |
|The mission of Community Health Programs is to improve the health of Berkshire County residents.|
This will be accomplished by providing high quality preventive, specialty, and primary care services that are integrated with a broad spectrum of support services.
Summary: Do you love providing compassionate care to women? Our OBGYN office is in need of a Full Time Medical Assistant. The successful candidate will love working with women and have extensive experience communicating with patients. We're looking for a highly professional person who in which previous OBGYN experience is a plus. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel work together for the good of the patient, and we hope you'll want to join our growing team.
The Medical Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist in the delivery of health care and patient care management for the primary care practice. This will include actively participating in and supporting the primary care teams with these efforts. The Medical Assistant behaves in a professional manner, and consistently demonstrates and promotes the values and mission of CHP. The medical Assistant will work with and receive supervision from the practice manager, physicians, nurse practitioners. This Float position will have administrative responsibilities to include but not limited to; welcoming patients at check-in or check out and ensuring that all pre-exam requirements are met. They will verify insurance coverage, collect co-payment and notify providers of patients’ arrival.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Welcomes and escorts patient to exam room and prepares patient for examination and treatment.
• Prepares, cleans, and maintains exam and treatment rooms, as well as supplies and equipment.
• Performs patient intake to assist practitioners in directing patient care per practice protocols. Includes obtaining and recording patients’ vital signs, weight, height, etc. obtaining information from patients to ensure patients are appropriately triaged per protocols.
• Accurately completes documents related to patient visits (for insurance billing/follow up care)
• Assist providers with exams, diagnostic or therapeutic procedures as requested.
• Performs a variety of patient tests as directed by provider.
• Prepares laboratory request forms and specimen labels and ensures appropriate delivery.
• Retrieves lab results and x-ray reports for providers as needed.
• Communicates with outside agencies as directed by practitioners.
• Ensures follow-up booking and scheduling for patients as required by patient care plan.
• Effectively communicates with patients via phone to ensure timely response to their issues; screening calls, and routing to appropriate areas, supplying information to callers and recording messages as needed.
• Answers, screens, and routes outside calls to appropriate areas, taking messages and documenting when and where appropriate.
• Performs clerical duties as requested.
• Cross Trained to provide backup Patient Services and Front Office Duties, position will cover the role of front desk/receptionist when needed.
• Review Pre-exam information for accuracy before appointment, notifying care team of any information that need to be obtained during patient visit.
• Verifies receipts of referrals and Insurance eligibility prior to patient visit.
• Answers, screens, and routes outside calls to appropriate areas.
• Supplies information to callers and records messages/enters patient cases
• Performs all close out process as assigned.
|Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:|
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills;
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities;
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional client/patient situations;
• Responds promptly to patient needs;
• Solicits patient and colleague feedback to improve service;
• Responds to requests for service and assistance in a timely manner;
• Follows policies and procedures;
• Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
• Supports organization's goals and values;
• Flexible: Willing to step in when needed, crossed trained for additional administration/medical reception coverage;
• Professional manner; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Maintains confidentiality;
• Keeps emotions under control;
• Professional, welcoming personality;
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Oral and Written Communication:
• Responds well to questions;
• Takes careful and accurate notes;
• Follows up on messages and ensures delivery of messages;
• Composes/types letters if requested by administration;
• Medical Assistant Certification , strongly preferred
• Medical Office experience
• Electronic Medical Record experience
• Current CPR certification
S/he must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Spanish speaking/Bilingual skills are preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Database skills are a preferred.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is often required to walk and stand for periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may be required to help lift a patient out of a wheelchair. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.