Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA
748 Hamilton Road
The Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA is an independent YMCA located on 1400 acres in the beautiful Berkshires of Western MA close to nationally renowned cultural and historic attractions such as Jacob’s Pillow and Tanglewood. Chimney Corners Camp, Camp Becket and the Travel and Service Program, Becket Day Camp and the Berkshire Outdoor Center are the five primary program focuses for the Becket-Chimney Corners YMCA.
Camp Becket for boys and Chimney Corners Camp for girls are traditional resident camps with rich traditions and commitment to character development. Program offerings are in aquatics, athletics, theater, dance, creative arts, horseback riding, service learning, adventure trips, team building and high ropes. Our Travel & Service Programs offer a unique life experience to teens and our Berkshire Outdoor Center offers a wide-range of year-round programs for individuals, families and groups.
We are conveniently located off Route 8 past Jacobs Pillow; 15 minutes from center of Lee.
|Infirmary Assistant (summer camp)|
|Salary Range:||Location:|| Per Hour || Becket
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|This is a seasonal position for this upcoming summer season.|
Summer camp dates including seasonal staff training are from June 16 - August 18th; seasonal commitment is ideally 9 weeks however a minimum of 4 weeks may be considered.
POSITION SUMMARY: A Healthcare Staff, under the supervision of the Camp Nurse, assists in administering health care for all members of the camp community.
1. Attend an orientation to the camp health service provided by the Nurse Coordinator and the Camp Physician.
2. To share with Camp Physician, during pre-camp orientation sessions, health concerns and procedures for which the staff shall need advice and training.
3. Assist with maintaining health record files, daily log and treatment book, and insurance claim provisions consonant with the provisions of law and established pediatric standards. Assist with the completion all paperwork required such as accident reports, state reports, insurance claims and Worker’s Comp forms and submit all forms to the appropriate person in a timely fashion.
4. Carry out the Standing Orders and consult as circumstances dictate with Camp Physician.
5. Assist with the maintenance of medical equipment and supplies and medicines in accordance with established practice.
6. Assist with the daily reports on Infirmary population, sickness concerns, and accidents.
7. Insure that Infirmary is kept clean, quiet, and prepared to deal with emergency and on-going health care at the camp health services center.
8. Help provide 24-hour health care coverage and stand available for emergencies, illnesses, in-patient care, sick calls, and transport of patient to specialist or hospital.
9. Assist Camp Nurses with parent meetings on opening day of each session to receive medicines and to discuss any health matters pertinent to the camper.
10. Assist with informing camp staff of health issues with campers and educate counselors on how to provide care for campers with health issues.
-Experience in pediatric healthcare is desirable
-Commitment to the ideals of YMCA camping, and the ability to work well with others are essential ingredients
-Desire to work and live in a camp community; ability to live onsite preferred