At SoCo Creamery we believe in spreading happiness one scoop at a time with our handcrafted, micro-batched ice cream made right here in South County (hence our name…get it?) with the best ingredients the Berkshires have to offer. We’re as local as” local” gets. Our ice cream is made at our factory right here, in Great Barrington, just a mile away from our scoop shop.
Our micro-batch magic was born from a passion for fresh yummy food; long before it was cool to be a “foodie”. Started in 1989 SoCo Creamery was pioneering the super-premium ice cream explosion!! For over 20 years we’ve been a Berkshire destination & cure all. We’ve mended broken hearts, curbed tantrums and helped end days on a sweeter note.
We believe that 2 scoops are always better than 1 and that life is SWEET!
|Salary Range:||Location:||$11.00 Per Hour || Great Barrington
|Job Type:||Category:||Part Time||Restaurant/Cooking/Food Service
|Education Level:||Work Experience:|
|Some High School Coursework|
Up to One Year
|Scoopers are responsible for the day to day work of serving customers and stocking and cleaning the store. |
They are also responsible for:
- Serving customers and educating them on SoCo’s products, and doing so quickly, efficiently, and in a friendly manner;
- Keeping the freezers stocked with ice cream and the store stocked with all the spoons, napkins, and other items customers need;
- Keeping the store clean;
- Assisting in closing down the store for the night and resetting it for the next sales day;
- And providing feedback and suggestions to their Shift Managers, the Assistant Manager, and the Store Manager to continue improving the store.
|Candidates should have:|
- A genuine desire to learn about retail food service, with prior experience a plus;
- Experience in serving food and beverage, with specialty food experience a plus;
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to lift 25lbs or more and scoop hard ice cream consistently and safely;
- A genuine passion for customer service.
Candidates should be:
- Proven communicators used to taking and acting on constructive feedback;
- Detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated;
- Able and willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.